B

biglou

OK, I'm old and easily amused, but I think the Sony PS2 kicks butt! I just got it Thursday for my birthday and ran out to Blockbuster and rented a few games. I think I am definitely more into the race games than the "first person shooter" type games. I rented "Batman: Vengance", "Star Wars: Starfighter" and "MX2002 Featuring RC". I am hooked on that MX game! I get to put my own numbers on a kTm and it looks just like me riding there! (remember, I'm easily amused). Definitely gotta check out Gran Turismo 3 and some F1 games. The graphics are unreal. I'm coming off of a 5 year old N64 system that I only play occasionally. The Batman game is very cool. The graphics on that one just blow me away. I got stuck on what to do next after practice with the "Bat Grapple". No instructions with the rental games. Maybe I'll surf and find some answers if I can tear myself away from the MX racing!

Anyone else who wants to share any thoughts or info, jump on in please!

Last edited by a moderator:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
BigLou,
Youn ought to rent MotoGP, its a fun road racing game, the graphics rock..It was the 1st game i bought when i got my PS2.. I agree w/you about RC's game, what a BLAST too play..
Have fun
Rick:cool:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Haven't seen the PS2 yet, sound like fun. I still have the Super Nes with Mario:) Personally I prefer PC games because you can download all kinds of cheats(I need them). Check out the new Wolfenstein or Soldier of Fortune 2 for PC.

B

biglou

I'm with ya on the cheats. I need them or I'm a goner in a hurry. I use the codes of the various sites to survive my shooter games. I kinda like being able to walk around and check out all the levels and graphics that I would NEVER get to if I played fair!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
MX2002 has been a favorite at our house since it came out. every kid in the area that has a dirtbike comes over and plays it with my son. Unfortunatly that means I don't get to play it much any more. One of the best game as far as graphics goes is SSX Snowboarding.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
I got one for my birthday and I just had to send it back, but I think the new pipe and silencer filled the spot well.Still wouldnt't mind having one though.:eek: :)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Lou go to www.gamespot.com
and go to the PS2 section I love the place, they are the first to have cheats for EVERY game, and they ACTUALLY give good test scores. I never believe reviews but they are almost always dead on it's great:D

And I think some of the best games I have are, Grand Theft Auto 3 (great game, I have 60 hours into it so far :silly: )
*** offroad fury (Way better than RC)
And of course GT3!

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Ive played MX2002 and thought it was pretty fun. I liked the "real" National tracks. Like Southwick was on there I belive, that was a really fun track. I though the freestyle and the bus jump thing was pretty lame. Something about 360 double backflip indian airs just get to me. I like sticking to realistic stuff.

MobyP

Sep 25, 2000
mx2002 has sweetass graphic's.. heheehe i bought MXrider few weeks back, it's not as good as mx2002 rc though.. BUT... GP tracks, smet's ktm, Everts yz450... need i say more. hehehehehe man..sad to say,this is the closet i can get to mx till i find a decent home...
Now l'm hooked with metal gear solid 2... :) next will be FF.. hahahaha
one thing about ps2 games though.. they are way too short... :mad:

B

biglou

A quick question or two:

Does the controller for the PS1 fit the PS2? How about the memory cards?
Thanks.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
If any of you are interested in a modchip for your baby, just PM me. The 44 wire Neo 4 pretty much takes care of everything. And seeing that Sony shutdown the makers of the Neo chip, they will be gone quick.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Lou the controllers do work but actions like pressure sensitive buttons won't work, and ps1 memory cards only work on ps1 games,

tisk tisk Hucker, modding means stealing which leads to us paying 65 bucks for a game !

FireBelly

Aug 15, 2001
PS2 Graphics Do Kick Butt, On The Matter Of Cheating, I Hate It, But When Its For Your Own Personal Use I Guess Theres No Problem With It, Im Seeing It From A Multiplayer Game (DeltaForce) And It Sucks Playing A Good Game And CHEATERS Running Around Creating Trouble....As 4 The Mod Chip The Canadian Hit The Nail On The Head. Modding Sucks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Have A Few Games I Would Like To Depart With, Either Im Tired Of Them, Or I Just Want New Ones. I Dont Have A Job So Getting New Games Is Hard. Anyways I Have A 4x4Evolution(Off Road Truck Game),RidgeRacer5(Arcade Like Racing Game),
TokoyoExtremeRacer*zero*(Like Gran Turismo Mixed With Need For Speed)
MTV Music Generator(If You Like Music And Can Understand How 2 Work It!)

Anyways PM Me Or Email Me At Bentz62@msn.com If Your Interested In the Games. Gimmie A Price, And Your Best Offer. Thanks

Merry X~mas Everyone
:uh:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
FYI

Big Lou-
I have found lots of steals on eBay for games. Its like people buy these things at full retail, and turn around and sell them for half price a month later! If you like MX 2002, I would highly recommend getting it via eBay.

Merry Christmas to all!

WO

ps- GT A-spec is the most awesome driving game Ive ever seen, and Ive been playing video games for 28 YEARS!!

needa250

Dec 14, 2001
get metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty and you will be amazed.it is awsome. not a 1st person shooter but an action adventure 3rd person viev and shoot em up type. great story but follow the first game then get the 2nd. good graphics in both.

Agent420

Dec 25, 2001
I believe that if A T V Offroad fury was a 2 wheeled mx game it would have been perfect. I hope that Rainbow Studios(the people that made A T V) does make a MX game and soon.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
grand theft auto 3 is a fun game.
See how opinions vary?
I thinkk it suckith BIG time.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
GTA 3 rules, GT3 rules, MX 2002 is awesome.
I guess we all like the same type of games.:)

Okie, why did you not like Grand Theft Auto?

Top Bottom