puggerton03

Jul 19, 2010
I just picked up a 91 CR250. It has a PSI Racing pipe on it. Does anyone have any info on that pipe? I ordered some Boyesen power reeds for it and went to put them in only to find out that the holes didnt line up on the reed block. I had to elongate the 2 outside holes on the reeds to make them fit. It looks like someone put a different bike's reed block on it. They also cut off the "stuffers" on the rubber carb boot and put some sort of aftermarket stuffer up inside the reed cage. The problem is that there is a little tiny gap on both sides of the reeds. Do you think this would cause a bad idle and low-end? Right now I have to adjust the slide up a little to get it to idle.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
I'm surprised it starts with gaps (drawing air?). My ex-96 CR250 did not idle because I didn't want it too. That was pretty standard for MX 2Ts (not to idle). You just kept blipping the throttle until you were launched and then you never really need an idle. I'd contact Service Honda for new parts ie. reed block & etc. Anything else you need should still be available for that beast also. You should fix the obvious and then check the top end condition. Once that's done rejet and do a plug chop.

puggerton03

Jul 19, 2010
I'm also having trouble with the Power-valve system. It's not fully closed at idle, it has alot of free-play in and out on both sides. They are clean. I also think they are just fluttering open as I watch them while I rev it with the 2 side covers off.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Sounds like you might have an FMF red cage, they were popular back then. PSI makes a good pipe. There is an adjustment bolt on each side of the powervalve. It is a bolt with an eccentric buil into it to adjust the power valve . Pick up a shop manual for more details ..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom