J-ROCK

Feb 29, 2004
I just picked up an 84 KX-80 for my wife to ride.
The float seems to stick open and overfill, and it pukes gas out the overflow, I took the carb apart and cleaned it and adjusted the float but it still does it.
Where is a good place to get a carb rebuild kit for these little pissers.
Also it is having the same problem as another poster,
It boggs from a start terribly, won't even go up to slightest incline from a stop... but once its moving it revs and runs fine.
To lean yes?..

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sounds like the float valve is worn. The needle probably has a groove worn in it and it doesn't stop the flow of gas when the float tells it to. The result is gas flowing out the overflow vent hose and a very rich mixture low speeds which could help your problem going up hills from a dead stop. You can buy just the seat and needle from your local dealer.

BadCRC

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2003
Northwest Georgia
SUDCO (click) Has all sorts of rebuild kits which would include the valve you are referring to, plus new gaskets and screws. Give them a call, chances are their price will be WAAAAAYY cheaper than locally, and they can ship in a hurry if you need them to.

The needle-valve for my carb was $32 from my dealer (it also was not stocked.) Sudco had a rebuild kit (which includes the vavle) for $42 plus a buch of other parts.

Good luck! :cool:

Top Bottom