deagle

May 21, 2001
Penguin will probably be able to answer this but other advice is welcome. Just finishing installing 36mm pumper on KLX300. With the petcock extension it seems like a awkward route for the fuel line to get to the carb. Had to buy some extra line today and will try to get it to look right but is it a problem to have the discharge level of the petcock below the carb inlet? I know liquid can flow uphill iif there is enough head pressure on it but it just seems like a goofy configuration. The carb has an inlet that rotates but it just seems wierd to have fuel flowing up into the carb instead of down.

Actually my throttle wheel is not quite hitting the fuel valve so is it even necesssary to put the extension on? I lose my reserve when I do this.

Thanks

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
As long as the carb is below the tank, the fuel will flow:) Try putting a loop in the line to get a little better route to the carb inlet. When I put on my 36, I thought about trying to go with the stock petcock, but the linkage was too close, so I didn't take the chance of the throttle hanging open. I always run with my fuel valve on reserve anyway, I just remain aware of how far I have travelled since the last fill up.

deagle

May 21, 2001
Thanks,
Also, it looks like when I lower the petcock, the frame will be in the way for easy access. That is not really a problem since you only turn it on or off when you start or when your done. Just curious if you turned it in a different direction?

Top Bottom