Pumper Carbs for XR4 (XRsonly or Stroker)

RippinXR

Nov 9, 1999
Going to buy a new carb for my 99 XR4 and am wondering what peoples experience's have been with the carbs from XRsonly and stroker. XRsonly sells a 36mm Mikuni pumper while Stroker sells a 39mm FCR. Stroker recommends a hot start kit, while XRs only says the 36mm will make the bike easier to start than the stock carb. Also the XRsonly carb is $369 while the Stroker FCR carb is $500 plus anotheranother $85 for the hot start. Any info is appreciated.

don

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
XR's Only

I got mine from xrs only and am extremely happy with it. It came pre jetted and was spot on. Installation was a snap (bolt on) no grinding or bending anything. Customer service was excellent and the performance of the carb is great. Best mod I ever did.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I have XR's Only carb. and agree with everything XR wolf said. I also agree that the bike starts easier with the pumper. The best part is they prejet the carb for your area and send some spare jets for fine tuning, if needed.

RippinXR

Nov 9, 1999
How's the starting with the 36mm? Have you had to put on a hot start? I've got no issues starting my bike now and don't want to make it worse. How's the power, I'm mostly looking for down low to mid as we don't have trails that require top end. Would just like to be able to loft the front wheel over obstacles easier in 2nd and 3rd. Thanks for the info. BTW, since your selling yours you interested in selling your carb?

don

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Starting is a snap. 2-3 kicks at the most(no hot start). Power is really good. As I said, best mod I ever did.
I'll sell the carb..... for $4200. It comes with a bike attached to it;) ...or best offer of course.
Get the carb, it is the best thing you can do for your xr, IMO.

Last edited:

Handl-it

Jun 1, 2000
Smoother power better delivery, Xr's only the place you otta be. Works great and the best part over the stock carb is that it doesnt seem to need fine tuning for large changes of altitutde. One question to other Mikuni guys, do you have problems running in deep water? I have a sputter after running in deep water, venting problem with hoses underwater? Starts fine out of water so it has to be fuel. Possibly reroute vent hoses up over air box.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Same here. I seem to stall in deep water very easily. Usually when I'm just about through the river she chokes up.I just figured that it loaded up with water and could not breathe??
Once back on dry land she starts back up no problem.

RippinXR

Nov 9, 1999
Interested in your XR

Replied through the for sale section but I'm not sure what e-mail I registerd dirt rider forums with. Give me a call when you have a second. 781-999-7080.

Don

Top Bottom