purchasing a Husqvarna CR125 from 1999

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Hello Huskie owners,

I can buy a '99 CR125 with a destroyed topend.
It seemed that the bigend bearings went apart destroying head, piston and a sidecase. So mega repair.
I am thinking of buying this bike to fix it, but like to have some pretips before i make a move buying it.
How is the suspension, marzocchies forks and boge/sachs shock?
Adequate or do i have to revalve a bit?
How is milage per tank full(8,5ltr tank) when i want to do offroad?
What about spare part prices?
Are there aftermarket pistons/rods for this type of engine?
Any other things you know about this type?
Any help is appreciated, thnks in advance.

George

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Not sure about 99 but 2000 onwards have great suspension and handling. You would most likely need to to revalve an mx bike for off road anyway. A larger tank off the WR250 should fit (it does on post 00) There should be lots of parts interchangability between the models of that year - WR lighting coils, flywheel, ignition, pipe etc. Sounds like it would make a good big bore project.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Hello again Arjay,
i did a search for this model and it showed a lot of threads in archive.
thnks for answering this one also(smilie)
I assume you have a huskie, happy with it?
I own a wr250 1998, which i am happy with.
Fixed my suspension a bit for my weight and further customised it a bit.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Georgieboy never owned one but I remember when they came out that my mate JB who is a mechanic at our local Husky dealer said the guys who bought them complained that it was noticeably down on power to all stock Jap 125's. I remember he took it for a spin and said he had to agree with the customer. I remember that because Alessio Chiodi had won the 125 GP World Championship on Husky at that time and we were suprised that a company who had won the GP's would have a weak 125 motor. All else was good.

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Georgieboy - I have a 2001 WR125 which I am more than happy with. Power might be down on jap 125 mxer's (although it feels about the same as my old 98 YZ125) but it has more bottom end and a wider mid range which suits off road/enduro riding. Handling and suspension are strong points too.

jeremiah397

Oct 1, 2003
i have owned a 99 cr 125, 00 wr 125, and a 01 cr 125. if you are going to spend more than about $200.00 on this bike that needs all of this work then i would not waste time or money. the 99 was down on power bad!!!!! the 00 and 01 were probably one of the best bikes that i have ever owned. if you can find a 00 or 01 husky for a good price then jump on it. i would not buy a 99 model. i think you would be dissapointed in the suspension and motor on the 99.

Top Bottom