Put away the life rafts........I'm home

evenslower

N. Texas SP
Joined
Nov 7, 2001
Messages
1,234
Likes
0
#1
For those who were wondering, yes, the rain in NE OK for the past couple of days was in fact the result of me being in Stillwater/Tulsa.

Rain or not, DWreck and I manged to get in a loop at the 500 Tuesday afternoon. All things considered the conditions were not bad. It was actually raining when we geared up and hit the trail but we were determined. A little slimy in spots but near perfect in others. If we hadn't received a little shower right in the middle of our ride the last half would have been fantastic but it was still pretty good.

Post ride wrap up with Hideaway pizza was the icing on the cake. Thanks for the hospitality as always Derek. Sorry I missed you guys Craig and Brian. Just let me know when you need more rain and I'll be back................
 

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
Joined
Nov 25, 1999
Messages
7,910
Likes
27
#2
The auto body shops love you, John!
 
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
424
Likes
1
#3
Evenslower, we absolutely must plan a family vacation together!!

Highlights of my own weather producing abilities:
1982 Mudslides/dam break Estes Park Colorado
1992 Storm of the Century. Airports closed throughout the nation, temps of 40 degrees for my first trip to Florida.
2002 Tropical low settles over drought stricken Sunny California bringing ten days of rain and clouds...Including the five days we spent in Palm Springs. Desert Highs: 65.

(Until recent years most of the devestation usually occurred the day before our arrival...The tropical low was a real treat though.) Imagine what we could achieve planning a trip together!!

What's not to love about rain?? Right? :whoa:

Good job! :cool:
 

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
4,766
Likes
59
#4
no one is allowed to post about hideaway unless i was there. :think:
 

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
5,546
Likes
1
Location
Amo, IN
#5
olderndirtmom said:
Evenslower, we absolutely must plan a family vacation together!!

Highlights of my own weather producing abilities:
1982 Mudslides/dam break Estes Park Colorado
1992 Storm of the Century. Airports closed throughout the nation, temps of 40 degrees for my first trip to Florida.
2002 Tropical low settles over drought stricken Sunny California bringing ten days of rain and clouds...Including the five days we spent in Palm Springs. Desert Highs: 65.

(Until recent years most of the devestation usually occurred the day before our arrival...The tropical low was a real treat though.) Imagine what we could achieve planning a trip together!!

What's not to love about rain?? Right? :whoa:

Good job! :cool:


I moved from South Florida to North Carolina in Oct 2000. Coldest winter in NC in 25 years.
 

tx246

Subscriber
Joined
May 8, 2001
Messages
1,306
Likes
1
#6
i second that jay. hideaway mmmmmmm.
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
481
Likes
2
#7
Our hideaway here in Norman just can't compare to the original up in Stillwater. I love that place...
 

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
4,766
Likes
59
#8
wake_rider said:
Our hideaway here in Norman just can't compare to the original up in Stillwater. I love that place...
same with the tulsa hideaways. i still go to them but it's just not the same.
 

DWreck

Subscriber
Joined
Apr 14, 2002
Messages
1,480
Likes
0
#9
Stop it your making me hungry.

John you are always welcome here. Our luck with rain is getting down right ridiculous.

The rain on Tuesday made for a day you only dream about on Thursday. Craig, Chuck, Adam (new guy Chuck brought) and I had one of those no mud, no dust go as fast as you can, stop, rest and laugh about how good it is. It was supposed to be a warm up for Sundays race but I think we got a little carried away.

Gene and Jay, Quit just talking about it and figure out a time to get up here for a couple loops at the 500 followed by pizza fest.
 

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
Joined
Nov 25, 1999
Messages
7,910
Likes
27
#10
DWreck said:
Stop it your making me hungry.

John you are always welcome here. Our luck with rain is getting down right ridiculous.

The rain on Tuesday made for a day you only dream about on Thursday. Craig, Chuck, Adam (new guy Chuck brought) and I had one of those no mud, no dust go as fast as you can, stop, rest and laugh about how good it is. It was supposed to be a warm up for Sundays race but I think we got a little carried away.

Gene and Jay, Quit just talking about it and figure out a time to get up here for a couple loops at the 500 followed by pizza fest.
:cool:
 

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
4,766
Likes
59
#11
the racing should slow down after this month. i should be able to make it out there a few times this winter.

i can't believe i'm saying this but i actually miss trail riding.
 

tx246

Subscriber
Joined
May 8, 2001
Messages
1,306
Likes
1
#13
HEARTLAND SPODES

Ive got a crazy little plan going down here in the Lonestar State and so far I have 4 takers. I want to do a "Best of Oklahoma" Tour.

Day 1 Ride the INT 55miles
Get in the truck and haul to Stilwater

Day 2 Ride the "500" 50miles
Get in the truck and head to Oklahoma City

Day 3 Ride S Draper 50miles
Get in the truck and head to Davis

Day 4 Ride CrossBar 50miles
Get in truck and head to Muenster

Day 5 Ride Muenster 50miles
Its really close to Oklahoma

The way I figure it, there is a certified "guide/host" that I know at each of these stops. It would be stringing 5 enduros back to back to back. Punishing but doable.

What do yall think about that?
 
Joined
Jul 31, 1999
Messages
64
Likes
0
#14
I would gladly host you are Draper, and probably follow you south. Heck I might take some time off work and shoot for days 2 through 5. Let me know, or start another thread and I will keep an eye open