evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
For those who were wondering, yes, the rain in NE OK for the past couple of days was in fact the result of me being in Stillwater/Tulsa.

Rain or not, DWreck and I manged to get in a loop at the 500 Tuesday afternoon. All things considered the conditions were not bad. It was actually raining when we geared up and hit the trail but we were determined. A little slimy in spots but near perfect in others. If we hadn't received a little shower right in the middle of our ride the last half would have been fantastic but it was still pretty good.

Post ride wrap up with Hideaway pizza was the icing on the cake. Thanks for the hospitality as always Derek. Sorry I missed you guys Craig and Brian. Just let me know when you need more rain and I'll be back................

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The auto body shops love you, John!

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Evenslower, we absolutely must plan a family vacation together!!

Highlights of my own weather producing abilities:
1982 Mudslides/dam break Estes Park Colorado
1992 Storm of the Century. Airports closed throughout the nation, temps of 40 degrees for my first trip to Florida.
2002 Tropical low settles over drought stricken Sunny California bringing ten days of rain and clouds...Including the five days we spent in Palm Springs. Desert Highs: 65.

(Until recent years most of the devestation usually occurred the day before our arrival...The tropical low was a real treat though.) Imagine what we could achieve planning a trip together!!

What's not to love about rain?? Right? :whoa:

Good job! :cool:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
olderndirtmom said:
Evenslower, we absolutely must plan a family vacation together!!

Highlights of my own weather producing abilities:
1982 Mudslides/dam break Estes Park Colorado
1992 Storm of the Century. Airports closed throughout the nation, temps of 40 degrees for my first trip to Florida.
2002 Tropical low settles over drought stricken Sunny California bringing ten days of rain and clouds...Including the five days we spent in Palm Springs. Desert Highs: 65.

(Until recent years most of the devestation usually occurred the day before our arrival...The tropical low was a real treat though.) Imagine what we could achieve planning a trip together!!

What's not to love about rain?? Right? :whoa:

Good job! :cool:

I moved from South Florida to North Carolina in Oct 2000. Coldest winter in NC in 25 years.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
wake_rider said:
Our hideaway here in Norman just can't compare to the original up in Stillwater. I love that place...

same with the tulsa hideaways. i still go to them but it's just not the same.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Stop it your making me hungry.

John you are always welcome here. Our luck with rain is getting down right ridiculous.

The rain on Tuesday made for a day you only dream about on Thursday. Craig, Chuck, Adam (new guy Chuck brought) and I had one of those no mud, no dust go as fast as you can, stop, rest and laugh about how good it is. It was supposed to be a warm up for Sundays race but I think we got a little carried away.

Gene and Jay, Quit just talking about it and figure out a time to get up here for a couple loops at the 500 followed by pizza fest.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DWreck said:
Stop it your making me hungry.

John you are always welcome here. Our luck with rain is getting down right ridiculous.

The rain on Tuesday made for a day you only dream about on Thursday. Craig, Chuck, Adam (new guy Chuck brought) and I had one of those no mud, no dust go as fast as you can, stop, rest and laugh about how good it is. It was supposed to be a warm up for Sundays race but I think we got a little carried away.

Gene and Jay, Quit just talking about it and figure out a time to get up here for a couple loops at the 500 followed by pizza fest.

:cool:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the racing should slow down after this month. i should be able to make it out there a few times this winter.

i can't believe i'm saying this but i actually miss trail riding.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
HEARTLAND SPODES

Ive got a crazy little plan going down here in the Lonestar State and so far I have 4 takers. I want to do a "Best of Oklahoma" Tour.

Day 1 Ride the INT 55miles
Get in the truck and haul to Stilwater

Day 2 Ride the "500" 50miles
Get in the truck and head to Oklahoma City

Day 3 Ride S Draper 50miles
Get in the truck and head to Davis

Day 4 Ride CrossBar 50miles
Get in truck and head to Muenster

Day 5 Ride Muenster 50miles
Its really close to Oklahoma

The way I figure it, there is a certified "guide/host" that I know at each of these stops. It would be stringing 5 enduros back to back to back. Punishing but doable.

What do yall think about that?

Frank

Jul 31, 1999
I would gladly host you are Draper, and probably follow you south. Heck I might take some time off work and shoot for days 2 through 5. Let me know, or start another thread and I will keep an eye open

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
tx246 said:
HEARTLAND SPODES

Ive got a crazy little plan going down here in the Lonestar State and so far I have 4 takers. I want to do a "Best of Oklahoma" Tour.

Day 1 Ride the INT 55miles
Get in the truck and haul to Stillwater

Day 2 Ride the "500" 50miles
Get in the truck and head to Oklahoma City

Day 3 Ride S Draper 50miles
Get in the truck and head to Davis

Day 4 Ride CrossBar 50miles
Get in truck and head to Muenster

Day 5 Ride Muenster 50miles
Its really close to Oklahoma

The way I figure it, there is a certified "guide/host" that I know at each of these stops. It would be stringing 5 enduros back to back to back. Punishing but doable.

What do yall think about that?

I think someone is trying to make up for getting screwed out of riding this summer!

Sounds fun to me. October is going to be a busy month for me but November is pretty open. All of those places would be fun. The trick will being to get the weather to cooperate with our plans.

Maybe we could invite Evenslower down a couple days in advance so we wouldn't have to worry about dust.

Jay I have lots of vacation. I never get to use it in the summer, my issues usually revolve around cash flow.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
we were thinking sometime in the spring/early.

jay, if you would quit calling in monday after those spiffy wins, you could do some of the other stuff. did i tell ya about my sailing adventure on lake amistad........?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Let's see,...., first, bank hiest, clean get away and lay low for a month. Second, figure out away to get the feds to look for some crazed enviro-whacko. Obtain unobtainium and rejuvenate muscles. Load the truck and ride. It might just work.

Top Bottom