motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I hear apprehension from riders about putting there screen names on their bikes. Here are some ideas...

We have several shops, or private people working out of their houses, that will make custom stickers. These can be made in many colors and fonts, whatever size you want. Done right, between color matching and custom design, your custom sticers can look equal to or better than mainstream popular sickers and tank graphics! Putting a sticker over a sticker can add even more possibilities. The going rate is about $15 for a set.

I supose with the miracle of modern computers, an avatar design could be transferred to a sticker...that would be really cool for those of you that have avatars.

My stickers were made by a private guy out of his house, but look great and are durable enough that they are still on from last year's dirtweek! If you aren't sure where there is room, just get several smaller ones and put them wherever there is room. Since I don't have racing numbers on the bike, I just got big ones made for each number plate.

If you are having trouble finding a place to have these made, try looking into shops that work with stock cars...they are always putting stickers on for their sponsors. Motorcycle shops or computer shops may also have leads.

I think if everyone's bike had identification on it, this would make Dirt Week much more fun! Plus, it's a great conversation starter when you ride at your local areas, helping to get more people involved in DRN!

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
how about Duct Tape and Black Sharpie? :p
i'm just looking for easy-on-the-pocket-book alternatives for those of us who are strapped for cash! :ugg:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
go for it! You could do it on a chunk of white or matching plastic, then cover it with clear "packing" tape. That way it could be removed easilly without harming your plastic.

How many times last year did I look at someone while I was riding and think, "I'm sure I have talked with this person on DRN, wonder who it is?"

Exception: somehow, when I saw gomer with the pink tutu doing wheelies on Patman's trials bike, he needed no i.d....I know it was him :|

B

biglou

HELLO! Hey, I must have been sleeping over here!

Just like last year, I will bring several packs of adhesive letters/numbers. I'll bring a bunch of black, and some white, too. That way everyone can decorate themselves to their heart's content! It worked out pretty good last year. I even saw a couple bikes with 1-1/2" numbers on them! LOL! Probably made scoring a bit of a chore, but hey, whatever works!

They will be on the table under the command central tent. Everyone help yourselves. :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Lou, I knew you brought that stuff last year and that was great, I remember seeing the numbers but I guess I don't remember seeing many bikes with their screen names displayed.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
i'll have mine below the number on my front plate....and on the back of my jersey (at least on race day)...

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I have a funny feeling that it won't be hard to spot me and my bike! :yeehaw:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk

Just follow the trail of Zuki parts. :) :) :moon: :moon:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Is it true, do I see 80whiner posting in the off limits forum? Is this a sign that the old man will be joining the SoCal crew for the ride of a life time?!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk

yeah, you will be the one with the big bulls-eye target on your bike! :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What's the deal, you got a black cloud or what? All I hear is bad, bro, you need a rabbits foot or something. If anyone asks, you haven't seen me.:D

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Craig them are purdy flowers on your seat. :D

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
craig - your bike is nekkid! No DRN fender stickers? For shame! :)

Top Bottom