KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Well it depends on your fork tube. For a 96 RM250, I used 1.5" diameter cut in two and had to grind the cut edges down to make a tight fit over the fork tube. Just becareful. I didn't tape the two pieces together and when I went to drive the seal down, the split edges came apart and really pinched the palm of my hands bad.

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
My advice is to buy the tool. You may not like putting out the money but everytime you do your fork seals you'll have it. You can get them from Kawasaki or Race-Tech. I think the Kawasaki driver is cheaper.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
It worked for me. I took a piece of 1 1/2 schedule 40 and slit it from top to bottom so it could be opened up a bit to fit over the tube and it seemed to work great. I agree to make sure not to pinch your hand (I did it too). :scream:

TnKDX'er

May 13, 2001
I was wonder what that piece of PVC that JEFF FREDETTE sent me along with the 21# springs!?!?!?!? COOL! :)

The piece is appx. a foot long, and and inch from outside to outside of the PVC.

Tony

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Man TIMR .. It is a pain having to work at work .. Ya know what I mean? ... It has slowed some now so I will be around a bit more ... :D

TnKDX'er I am not real sure what that is the Jeff sent to you but I would ck with him on it. It sounds like he intended for you to use this as a preload spacer? .. Like I said you might want to ck with him.

Top Bottom