ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Merry Christmas!

Santa brought the kids a 1996 PW 50 this morning. It's in great shape but the throttle limiter screw has been taken out. This is their first minibike and throttle control has not come easily! Everyone would feel a lot more comfortable with a "governer" on the throttle.

My question is...what type of screw can I use as suitable replacement for the original? Would just a regular metric bolt work?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share,
Chuck

Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
Those screws fall out all of the time. I could never find something that would work other than the real Yamaha part. It's not so much that you can't find a screw to fit, but the end has to be tapered down to work. Buy 3 or 4 for your toolbox.

- Walt

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
yeah we did the lock nut and screw after losing the stock unit and it worked no problem.
Do you have the exhaust limiter in place. This really helps because it limits top speed so if they crack the throttle wide open the bike still doens't get out of its own way. ONce they are more experienced ou can drill out the hole a bit until you finally remove it all the way.

Another thing is the yamaha QT50 ring and pinion gear. This gives more bottom end but limits top end. Really good for the beginner and helps on trail riding too.

Top Bottom