wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I am having problems putting the carb back together on our '04 PW50 after raising the needle clip one position (bike runs rich), and before I take it to a shop, I wanted to ask for help here first.

I thought I had the little "wave" shaped retaining clip in the throttle slide properly, but when I attached the slide/choke upper piece to the carb body and twisted the throttle, there was no resistance or "spring back" in the throttle. I took the upper piece off of the carb again and now I'm not sure what the problem is.

The slide seemed oriented correctly (slot aligned with tip that protrudes into slide cavity). I had pushed the "wave" retaining clip all the way down into the slide thinking that was required to hold the needle down and keep the cable in the slide.

Does anyone have any tips on how to properly reassemble the carb on a PW50?

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Does it snap back with the slide assembly out of the carb body? Check your throttle cables.

Doesn't raising the needle add more fuel making it richer? What jetting?

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Raising the clip is actually lowering the needle right?

Where is Salisbury? I was in Shelby today. I had to go to Barr's Competition Racing to pick up a bike.

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
yea - raising ,leans,
lowering the clip richens
check the exhaust and see if there is a restricter plate in there ,if so remove it
you can check out bike bandit -for the micrfiche

Top Bottom