Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Just how much "performance" are you looking to get from a PW50? It's a complete starter bike, if your child is so fast that they need more power then they also need better suspension so you need to get them a better bike. If your PW still has the washer in the pipe take it out and it will be like a new pipe.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dip anything in chrome and it has a market. Put a "tuner" sticker on it and it's a hit ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well duh! EVERYBODY knows that silly!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well curiosity got the better of me and I went and looked. Sure enough you can get a pipe & silencer for about $270. Now let's look at the reality... that's a very large percentage of the value of the tiny bike. It also might add 0.3 horsepower? So that becomes a VERY expensive addition to a little toddler bike and it will still have crap suspension. It also makes what is generally a pretty safe little beginner bike in to something that could put some serious burns on your little future star.

GSSign

Feb 8, 2008
Saw it on ebay and wondered if it would be worth it. I agree on the whole package up grade. He is not ready for a faster bike just yet. He has been rideing it for 2 years now. He will be 6 in 3 months. Maybe by next summer he will be ready for a ktm or cobra.

The pw has plenty of speed, a little more pull down low would be nice though.

I bought the bike new but they can be bought all day long for 500. A 200.00 pipe is half of the bike's worth. If it doesn't improve performance or is just a noise maker, no thanks.

I took the washer out before his first ride.

Thanks for your replies...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There are some other ways of getting a little more bang out of the little bike, how handy are you with a wrench?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There is a way to make the additional gear that's already in the cases available. Do a search on here. Also a few ideas for increased compression, changed port timing & cleaning up the weld on the stock pipe for a bit of extra flow.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My bad the second gear mod is a JR50 deal. Still can do the others though. I seem to also recall a 60 or 62cc scooter cylinder that was a bolt on deal?

Top Bottom