knight rider

Jul 17, 2010
pw50 issues...help me! (update)

08 pw50 w/ 20 hours max.
this is what it is doing...
starts fine on the choke. switch to run and it seems fine till you get about 50 yards down the road the thing like cuts out as if there is no gas. if you keep it pinned it will jerk and go for another 50 yards and do it again.

i cleaned the carb, the airfilter, changed the gas (91), cleaned the plug. and no difference.

thing is; if i keep the choke on it runs like a champ. as soon as the choke drops it is over.

the daughter wants to get back on it so bad. what the hell is going on?

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The pilot circuit is plugged, it is starving for gas. You may have to take the jet out and let it soak, try some air, or find something small enough to clear it out. Clean the passage also. Vintage Bob

knight rider

Jul 17, 2010
looks like that solved the problem. thing is now the bike is making lots of smoke when on the gas. i did an oil change and the oil was still looking good as new. to me it looked blue at first then white seonds later. am i going to have to get the top rebuilt now? how much is that going to run?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The oil in the transmission, or the oil in the auto-premix? It will require warming up, and clearing the engine out of unburned fuel. And it will smoke a lot, but should subside. Unless you still have an issue. Change the plug? Jetting, reeds, top end, or the float valve is bad? After this is resolved, change the packing in the muffler.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I meant injector oil. The transmission oil won't affect how much the engine smokes.

knight rider

Jul 17, 2010
_JOE_ said:
I meant injector oil. The transmission oil won't affect how much the engine smokes.

yamalube 2 stroke, the stuff the dealer gave me when i bought it. if there is top end damage wont it smoke if there is tranny oil getting in there?

whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Not good.
what do you mean not good? you are scaring me...

Top Bottom