wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Everytime my kids drop the PW50 on its right side, the throttle ends up sticking. I'm not sure if it is just dirt in the assembly or bent cable housing, but it keeps happening. I've had it apart myself and could find no smoking gun. I've already replaced the throttle cable and had the local Yami shop check it out, but it the throttle loses its "spring back" after it is dropped on the ground.

Is there a simple way to rectify this? Is there an aftermarket throttle assembly that is more robust that the piece-o-crap that comes on the bike?

Thanks!

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
My kids' CRF50 does that when the throttle handle mount gets twisted too far forward (from tip-overs and such). I just twist the assembly back around and she's just fine.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Sure enough, the most recent tip-over must have pushed the throttle in against the bar. I moved the throttle assembly out a little and the throttle now springs closed as it should.

If I ever make it to DirtWeek, I'll buy you guys a beer! Thanks again!

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
wanaride said:
I've already replaced the throttle cable and had the local Yami shop check it out, but it the throttle loses its "spring back" after it is dropped on the ground.

Thanks!

Boy, that Yami shop is top notch ain't it? :cool:

Top Bottom