beaker80

Oct 17, 2006
I'm in the process of hopping up a PW80. Its ported and polished, barrel raised, head modded, FMF pipe and Power Core silencer, removed the oil injection and Boyseen reeds.

Now I need to find out how to modify the reed cage cover to fit a larger carb. Has anyone done this mod and how? What size carb? Mikuni 21mm or 24mm or ? Jetting?

beaker80

Oct 17, 2006
So nobody has messed around with a bigger carb on an 80cc pit bike? The stock carb is 16mm! Older YZ80/85's , RM's etc must have had at least a 24mm carb.

The main problem is modifying to reed block to accept the larger inlet.

As I dont have the oil tank anymore I was playing with the idea of mounting the carb under the seat and making a proper airbox. I've been looking at the intake kits for the 4 stroke pit bikes that turn 90 degrees and have a flange mount for the carb. Just might work!

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
Perhaps oval boring the standard carb a bit larger would be a good alternative if there is no other solution to fitting a larger carb.

I believe that it is most desireable to have the carb as close to the cylinder as possible. Moving it back using a longer intake spigot may decrease air flow. Design and taper would be critical.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom