Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
Tony - this situation is truly tragic. I wish there was more I could do than just offer thoughts, but I'm sure I speak for all of us in our feelings of helplessness. Is there hope that his short and long-term memory will fully return? Please keep us updated and if there's anything that I (or probably any of us, I'm sure) can do, please don't hesitate to ask. I have some dealings with public education and learning disabled students of all ages and levels.
Congrats on your first step. I wish you a speedy recovery, also.
Sincerest wishes,
Heather

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Thanks Heather. Of course there's hope that he'll get memory back, but he hasn't yet. He actually remembers nothing prior to the accident. (which I didn't fully understand until recently).

On the positive, he can talk. And feed himself. Also, he can learn. He already knows some letters and numbers. If he can fly, I'm going to take him up to Montana to visit my folks and relatives. He doesn't handle noise well, but I have a set of really good Bose Automatic Noise Cancelling headset. I'll be curious if he can still manipulate the controls of the plane.

I'm afraid that everything he will remember about his life will come from stories, videos, and pictures.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Here's my son AJ at a race in Butte, Montana, June 2004.

Attachments

• YZFbuttemotocrossJune2004.jpg
    YZFbuttemotocrossJune2004.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 111

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Tony,
Time Heals. Keep the Faith - it will work out.

I suffered a serious permanent injury from a head on collison (with a wrong way rider on a one-way trail) at Hollister SVRA in 1984. Major concussion and compound fracture of the patella. Yes, it sucked. Yes, it was a long row to hoe (therapy, permanent damage and multiple surgeries are NO FUN). But IT WILL GET BETTER. Hang in there. Even at less than 100% recovery, you and your son can WILL have fun riding dirt bikes in the future.

Take care. And be patient. The human body will amaze you - just give it some time.

Top Bottom