Mar 16, 2007
Ok This Is Just A Simple Question. Once You Get Your Jumping Skills Down Pretty Good. Is Going Big Such As Laroccos Leap Or Something Like That All About Just Not Being Scared And Pinning It. Or Do You Slowly Work Up To Stuff That Big. Jump By Jump?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Just pin it may not be the best advice here. You should at least talk to somebody on a similar bike to yours, that does jump the monster that you want to conquer. Let them tell you how to hit it, and maybe follow that person over. Going long can hurt just as much as falling short. Personally, I am no distance jumper, never more than 60-70 feet. I certainly would not try to work up to a 100 foot double, landing in that last 10 feet would surely be an unpleasant experience.

kurt15

May 22, 2006
find a good table with a long run in, pin it on the run up, then slowly just kinda float over , landing a little farther tim after time, when you feel you've got your speed down, giver! youll feel scared going up to the jump, but as soon as you kick it into fourth or third or WHATEVER gear you're going to do the jump in, i always seem to get a rush right when i know that there's no turning back. If you can control your bike in the air you really don't got alot to worry about. ive overshot, as well as cased 60 ftrs n live to tell tha tale. no worries man, no worries :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
kurt15 said:
oh yeah and lorocos leap prrrrooobably takes a while jumping bigger and bigger before you can consider hitting that monster

I'd hit that speed bump on a Harley.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The farther you go, the more your mistakes are magnified. All the more reason to get really good form and control on small jumps before working up to large ones.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Hughes 097 said:
umm on my bike top of 3rd bottom of 4th to hit a 30 ft and thing above im hitting at top of 4th and 5th on my yamaha
If you are talking about the ttr, then you shouldn't try aything over 35 anyway, there isn't enough suspension, and you will probably break something. Having said that, 35-40 feet is a second gear jump for most 250 2-strokes, but I usually do it in 3rd.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
We jumped a banked turn on my friends track with an old pontiac grand am once. That was insane. The bumper and core support didnt take it too well. Niether did the track. It took a big chunk out of the corner. The car got about two or three feet of air before smashing back to the ground.

Top Bottom