moronguy

Oct 12, 2003
OK, Sunday after 5 years of having my bike(02 YZ426F) I finally was sent soaring over the bars and my bike flipping on top of me :bang: . my little plastic compression release lever and my clutch lever snapped. so it looks like I have got some new levers on the way soon, along with handlebars. I was just wondering if one of these ASV levers with the hot start lever attached will work for my bike as the compression release? and if not are there any aftermarket levers I could get for my compression release or will I need to go to my dealer and get them to get one from Yamaha? any info would be great I am almost over the soreness and itching to get back out there. thanks

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
Get stock levers and put of Bark busters instead of asv levers. The ASV levers can be broken and cost more than the Bark busters

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
We like our ASV/ARC levers. :cool:

moronguy

Oct 12, 2003
hmmmm not sure now wether I want to put the money into the ASV levers, just saw in the classified ads that there is someone wanting to trade their 03 YZ250F w/ athena big bore kit for a YZF450/426 I've wanted something lighter for some time now but can't really afford a newer 45o so this might be the route to go for me, I would have to ride it first and see how much more power it has than a stock 250F. My brother has a 04 CRF250 and I need more power than that. I like the power of the 426 a lot but other than drag racing people in an open field I don't really need that much power so I am strongly considering giving the guy a call, after I get it fixed of course.

Top Bottom