lynn02

Jan 10, 2004
Now it's been a while since I've had a dirtbike. When I had one they used to have nuts that held the valve from going back into the rim. I noticed that after I got home with my new bike it doesn't have them on the valves. Can someone tell me if they should be there or not? If they are supposed to be there can someone tell me where I can get them at.

Thanks,
Erin

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
They should be there. Any bike shop should be able to give you one (or two). Don't put them on too tight, don't want to tear the tube.

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
They leave them off so you can tell if the tire is turning on the rim. If you put a nut on tighten it up to the valve cap. That way if your tire turns on the rim the valve stem will start to lean and you can move the tire back before the tube tears..

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
My '04 CRF450 didn't come with them. Actually it does have the one on the inside of the rim, but not the outer one. Instead it has the little black "boots" that slip over the valve stem. I've got an extra nut that I use when changing tire pressures to allow me to get a good grip on the valve stem with the pump.

Top Bottom