Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm trying to order a pair of riding pants for a friend and need to know what size to order. Its for her birthday and they will complete her riding outfit. She wears between a size 4 - 6 jean and i need to know what to convert this too since i havent found pants made for women. What size does this goto 28" (guys) or 24 -26 (youth). That or does anyone know a site that carries Mx pants made for women. SHe wants Thor pants, since that's what everything else is. My sister wasnt much help or my friends boyfriend. He atleast got me the jean size, sortof? Thanks for any info you can provide! :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thor sure doesn't ... you'll need the waist in inches (careful when asking this question!) Good luck.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I didnt think Thor did. I'll have to sneak up behind her and wrap the tape measure around her! :eek: Then duck when the backhand comes around. I'd say she is around 26" so dont know if a 28" (smallest adult size) would fit or go largest youth size? Any suggestions?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
How tall is she? I'm 5'3", wear the size 28" Thors, because even though I possibly could have gone smaller, the legs would have been too short getting size 26". We use different sizing from you, so could only guess what size 4-6 jeans are. Just make sure you keep the receipt so she can change them if they don't fit (all pants are different sizing, and some fit better than others).

Oops, forgot to mention Vixen make women's race gear: http://vixenoffroad.com/
As Okie says, good luck :)
Michelle

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Thanks Michelle! :)

She's about 5'4" and almost all legs. I was worried about the leg length. I wear a 31" waist and got the 32"s and the legs barely go the whole way down. The riding boots hides it pretty good except when i'm running around in my socks.

I'm going to check around locally today to see what they have (easier to return if they dont fit). Hopefully they will have a 26 and 28 so i can get a better idea what might fit. Thanks again!

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Just went through the new pants thing...Im 5'2''..wear 29-30 levi 501's.

Thor Core 3's size 28 were the best fit.They have a very strong stretch fabric in all the right places,doesnt bind any where, good flexibility !
Tripple stitched... super well made. The side adjuster snaps are good for the inch I take off ad the one I gain back :-)
Think leg length would be good as they have a little more than I need.

Hi-per Sports had the best deals I found...Also pics and decriptions of most everything.

My old Thors are still kicking after years of abuse... where others are not.

Lots of good ones out there !.... but again I had to go with Thor.
Good luck !

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
All of the pants fit so differently, too!! I'm 5'5", 125 lbs., wear a 6 or 8 in women's pants/jeans, and here are my MX pants sizes (mind you I wear knee pads and hip pads too):

Fox: 28 (but they're short)
SoCal/No Fear/Thor: 30
Shift: 32

My favorite fit has been the SoCal pants, the No Fear Electron pants, and the Shift Jet (?) pants.

I think she would probably fit in a pair of 28's based on what you've said.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
UPDATE! They fit!!!!

I would like to just thank everyone for helping me out with this. She tried them on and fit almost perfect. :) I went with the THor Core, size 28 incase you were wondering. She was happy to finally have her riding gear complete and now is ready to hit the dirt (going today). I was questioned on how i new what size pants she wore and why i knew. :eek: I told her it was from lots of studying and observing! :confused: Then i spilled the beans and gave all of you credit. Thank You!

I'll have to get some pics of her riding and post them in my album (next weekend maybe). I'll just crop her out of the picture and paste it on a real bike since she rides a quad. There is hope though, she use to have an old mini bike and i just converted her boyfriend to a YZ250 this year.

Top Bottom