tiggywiggy

Aug 22, 2005
I ride a 1995 CR 125. Last time I rode it was last december, and it ran champ. didn't go riding again until march, and it wouldn't start. wouldnt fire at all. spark is fine, cleaned the air filter and carb...carb had water in it, it got rained on a lot between december and march. just recently got arount to pulling apart the motor. piston, head, and cylinder are fine. bottom end is covered in a white gooey mess, with green-ish bubbles in it. looks like its got coolant in there.

Seems to me that a leaky gasket is the most likely problem, but a crack is also possible. there is some build up in there, the engine definatly had water in it, but no where that would stop it from running completely.

any thoughts? i was going to clean it up and put new gaskets in and hope it runs, but any other suggestions? sorry for the long monologue, any help is appreciated.

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
...does appear to be coolant in there, i'd start with that; do a compression test to verify a leak...
also, if there is enough crap in the bottom end, it will contaminate the fuel mixture enough to prevent ignition/combustion, but surely u have cleand that crap out already...

Top Bottom