Question for everyone attending DW01

Trophies or Plaques DON'T VOTE IF YOU ARENT GOING!!

• I want Trophies

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I want Plaques

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NOTE: If you aren't going to DirtWeek, please don't vote.

I'm close to ordering trophies for all events... it's been suggested that folks may prefer printed plaques over traditional trophies. The plaques are approx. 10" wide, 6" tall, dark wood with a printed metal plate, 1 color.

Trophies are typical... 1st place last year was 28" tall if I remember correctly.

What do you think?

Attachments

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
A plaque would do it for me--not that I would have a shot at winning one. :D

biglou

If all the planets were to align themselves properly and I won something, I'd like a big ol' honkin' trophy!;)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
A plaque, so I can hang it in my office and be reminded every day how Team Tejas breezed home to victory!!!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
WWWWWWHHHHHAAATT!!! That's OK, I think the picture of you washing Thumps bike in a Speedo will do just fine:p and besides I don't know what your talking about, I'm signed up in the B class.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
I'm with BigLou on this one. If there's a chance i win anything i want a nice trophy. Sure a plaque would be easier to find a home for, but a nice trophy will stick out like a baboons bright red butt in my house. Only trophy i have is a little sail boat for being the best blow hard 20+ years ago in cub scouts. Remember those hand carved boats you raced in a roof gutter? Well that's the only thing i was good at back then. :(

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Although I doubt I would win one, unless you give one for the most out of shape Gas Gas rider, I would prefer a plaque. Trophies are a major hassle, heck they're even hard to get home without breaking.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
i prefer trophies. you can stack them three or four deep on a shelf. i don't have any available wall space for plaques.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
"Well By GOD an Okie has made the decision!"

Roy D. is out of town, went to the Academy Awards hoopla. I'll help Justql with his trophie for "most out of shape Gas Gas rider" while transporting the "luckiest Spode" trophie home. :p

biglou

A money-saving idea!

You take those old bowling trophies, you know, the ones with the missing balls (I don't like the way that sounds:scream: ) and you just super-glue some of those little toy MX bikes to the top! Voila! Instant spode trophies!

Not that I have any, but I think the Non traditional trophies are cool, ie. Samarai swords, plates, bowls, plaques, bronzed MX boot, engraved sprockets, etc. You can hang a plaque on your office wall. Just a thought.