Trophies or Plaques DON'T VOTE IF YOU ARENT GOING!!

• I want Trophies

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I want Plaques

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
NOTE: If you aren't going to DirtWeek, please don't vote.

I'm close to ordering trophies for all events... it's been suggested that folks may prefer printed plaques over traditional trophies. The plaques are approx. 10" wide, 6" tall, dark wood with a printed metal plate, 1 color.

Trophies are typical... 1st place last year was 28" tall if I remember correctly.

What do you think?

Attachments

• sf_troph.jpg
    sf_troph.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 534

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
A plaque would do it for me--not that I would have a shot at winning one. :D

B

biglou

If all the planets were to align themselves properly and I won something, I'd like a big ol' honkin' trophy!;)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
WWWWWWHHHHHAAATT!!! That's OK, I think the picture of you washing Thumps bike in a Speedo will do just fine:p and besides I don't know what your talking about, I'm signed up in the B class.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm with BigLou on this one. If there's a chance i win anything i want a nice trophy. Sure a plaque would be easier to find a home for, but a nice trophy will stick out like a baboons bright red butt in my house. Only trophy i have is a little sail boat for being the best blow hard 20+ years ago in cub scouts. Remember those hand carved boats you raced in a roof gutter? Well that's the only thing i was good at back then. :(

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Although I doubt I would win one, unless you give one for the most out of shape Gas Gas rider, I would prefer a plaque. Trophies are a major hassle, heck they're even hard to get home without breaking.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i prefer trophies. you can stack them three or four deep on a shelf. i don't have any available wall space for plaques.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
"Well By GOD an Okie has made the decision!"

Roy D. is out of town, went to the Academy Awards hoopla. I'll help Justql with his trophie for "most out of shape Gas Gas rider" while transporting the "luckiest Spode" trophie home. :p

B

biglou

A money-saving idea!

You take those old bowling trophies, you know, the ones with the missing balls (I don't like the way that sounds:scream: ) and you just super-glue some of those little toy MX bikes to the top! Voila! Instant spode trophies!

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Not that I have any, but I think the Non traditional trophies are cool, ie. Samarai swords, plates, bowls, plaques, bronzed MX boot, engraved sprockets, etc. You can hang a plaque on your office wall. Just a thought.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey i want to change my vote. I like Bill Hibbs' idea! :) A nice shiny sprocket with a little engraved plate on it would be pretty cool. That or any other dirtbike type item. Sure would be more unique then a typical trophy. Good idea Bill.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I think the plaque idea is cool, but there's nothing like a nice shiny trophy, too bad I'd never get one, unless it was for the most spectacular crash ;)

How about a nice carved and autographed Gomer poking stick :p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Way to go Bill H.

A worn out rear sprocket or a bald tire would be quite the trophie if it came from DRN buds. Super glue the old sprocket to a by plate and write the enscription with a sharpie. Ok, maybe those would be the prank awards but fun still the same.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
SMB- There may be a tie for the "Most Spectacula Crash" :p

I say trophy, kinda sticks out in a room and draws attention to it so you can relive your memories during that fateful crash.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I vote for the Plaques, easier to store, and display from the garage rafters
Although Bills idea of worn out sprockets for tropies would be differant.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i've seen some sa-weet plagues in the line of mounted memorabila(sp) but that gets pricey, so i vote for trophies, as long as there are some for doing something slowest, stupidest,most obnoxious(i'm in the hunt) or just being me!:D

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
most spectacular crash

i believe if anyone is going to win that one it would be me. I CRASH SO PRETTY:p . there is an art to crashing, or so i have supposedly been taught:cool:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Ya think??

Ya know, i thought about this when I was reading through it, and came up with this. A trophy would be cool......... for the young kids, a wall hanger is cool too. heck, I'll take anything! it's the memory that I am looking foreward to....hey, I got a bowling ball from the top of a broken trophy, anyone want it???:confused:

Top Bottom