OHIOMOTOXER

May 9, 2002
Could you please help me out.

I got into a spark plug reading tizzy with someone who posted a picture and engine mods along with a picture of the spark plug.
This is his post:
These pics are from a spark plug that I used in a 2 hour xc race on a 250R. I was burning pump gas mixed with Klotz at 32:1, Dyna FS ignition, ESR330 P/V top end running at 165 psi of comp., stock radiator, 34mm carb bored to 36mm, Durablue air filter with no air box lid, FMF pipe.

My response was: Hard to say did you do a throttle specific reading or just pull the plug out.
I got slack from my response.

THEN his engine builder gave his response of what he saw, which was:
"Pilot a tad rich but close to OK. Needle lean. Main rich but it needs to be rich since it is running a little warm. If you want to lean down the main you would need to tighten the squish and lower the compression. The plug is one heat range too cold a plug but needs to be for the same reason that the main jet needs to stay rich. There is another 5hp there if you jet it right and and tune the head right.

Please if you could educate me in this matter?

Here are the plug photos:
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5817314
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5817313

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm anxious to here what Rich says but this "engine tuner" must be physic to ramble off all those changes. He either knows more that what was originally posted of is full of crap.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
OHIOMOTOXER said:
Please if you could educate me in this matter?

You are arguing with an idiot on the internet. Don't do that. ;)

OHIOMOTOXER

May 9, 2002
Thanks, Rich I have been reading your responses for a looooooooong time and respect your knowledge.

Actually, I know the builder. It was kind of a set up they did to suck in dummies like me.
I could PM you who he is.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
OHIOMOTOXER said:
I could PM you who he is.

Thanks, but I've already filled my "moron pretending to be a tuner" quota for this year. :rotfl:

Top Bottom