Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
Guys,

I have a 2003 RM250. Last week I changed the top end for the 1st time using Wiseco parts. The bike strted great at the house and I headed to the track. Upon starting the bike and reving it a little I noticed at the mid revs a harsh vibration coming up trough the tank and a tinny sound that sounded like the bike had no exhaust on it; very loud.

I shut down the bike and brought it to my Suzuki dealership to check out. They say that the top end bearing disintigrated !! Luckly all the pieces where found and my engine didn't need to be cracked. The dealer claims Wiseco gave me the wrong parts, Wiseco of course says they are correct. The dealership is now doing the top end with genuine Suzuki parts and I am shipping the Wiseco parts back for Wiseco to look at.

Has anyone with a Suzuki encountered the same issue using non-Suzuki parts in the top end. The dealer claims they have seen this before and of course say I should only use there parts for the top end.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks,

Steven

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
Nope, I have a 2002 RM 250 and run only WISECO, did you replace the top end bearng when you did the top end? I always do and have never had a problem. Did you break it in before going and riding it at the track?

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
Eric,

I did a complete top end with all Wiseco parts..... I never got it on the track, the sound and vibration where real bad.

Steven

kdx633

Aug 12, 2003
this is typical failure if you did not properly pre- lube the bearing prior to assembly.your two cycle engine oil generally is inadequate for this regardless of what your manual says.permatex makes a product known as ultra slick assembly lube pt# 81950 use it and you will never have this problem again.

Top Bottom