88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Hi, I just got the Legend, and I have the mapsource map CD. When I go to load a map in my Legend it tells me I will delete preprogrammed maps in the GPS. What are they talking about.

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
I have & use a legend also. I have the Mapsource Road & the Topo CD's. When you load a new series of topo maps into the unit it deletes whatever maps are stored in the unit. I currently have about about 1/2 of Arizona loaded into mine. Keep checking on Garmin's Website for updated software for your Legend.

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Thanks 250RDUDE, but when I load a local map will it delete the low detail map of the U.S. Legend came with? (you know how the legend came with a map of the United States showing highways and major roads). Will this be deleted if I load a detailed map of florida. Will I still have the highways for the rest of the U.S. after I load a detailed map of part of Florida?
Thanks for your help DUDE.

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
I spoke to someone at Garmin and they told me I can not delete the preprogrammed highway maps of the U.S. Thats what I thought, I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom