dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Anybody heard of a Rickman 250? I was snopping around in a barn that my great aunt owns, and between tractor crankshafts, there was a "Rickman" )that's what my incle calls it. Its been sitting for about 30 years. Left side exhaust that sticks out of the side (not behind the plastic plate) the clutch is siezed, forks move, but probably need new seals and oil. I was wondering how much it would cost to restore this bike? I havent checked for spark, but it turns over and has really good compression. Also there is an older honda (SL?) 100 DB there too. It's wires are all over the place, and has also been sitting since...god knows when. Anyone know if i can get parts for either of these bikes and where/how much? I guess I could buy it off my uncle (I'm thinking i'm going to work on the honda, since I know nothing about Rickman's) for 50 bucks and restore it. The honda is street legal, and i'm going to beable to leaglly drive it in a year or so, so it would be a good idea + it would also make a nice pit bike eh?

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
big bucks.rickman frames are nickle plated.its probably a montesa engine if its a 250.i raced a vr250 montesa in 75.heck with the honda,you want the rickman.man i wish i could find bikes like that.i ran into a guy at foxvalley yesterday on a cherry 76 cr250 husky he bought at a garage sale for 300 bucks

Last edited:

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
the rickman engine was made by zupoffi or somehting, I saw it on the left case. I havent the dough to restore that rickman, But if you think its worth alot, I guess I'll just buy both bikes. THere is a yamy dt175 there, my uncle and i worked for a few minutes to get it started and didnt have enough time.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
thanks, my uncle said he thought it was a 250. Mabye this is just a "hang it over your fireplace" kinda bike. I have no idea where i'm going to get parts for this thing. There are readily avail. parts for the honda though. I am flat broke right now. I could scramble up 50 bucks really quick though but as for the other money its all going towards my cr 80

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
dont know what youve got there do ya.post a note on vintage that youve got a rickman/zundapp 125 and need parts, help, and see what happens

Top Bottom