blarf

Aug 10, 2006
ok,
i have the paioli 46mm blue steel conventional on my '99 cr250. i'm leaking oil from the dust seal. how do i change those? where can i get a similar parts?
should i do it myself or send it somewhere?

let me know please

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Hi, Thomas!

I think the seals are the same as Kayaba from the years that the Kawasaki KX models used 46 mm conventional forks. I think there were some spare seals in the parts you got with the bike.

One thing you might want to try is cut a spear about 1" wide and 6" long from a plastic milk jug. Jam it down the fork leg underneath the seal, and move it all around the fork tube. If the leak is being caused by a peice of grit underneath the oil seal, you might knock it loose.

In any event, Factory Connection has worked on your forks before, and they should be able to service them again.

blarf

Aug 10, 2006
ok, i'll check on the spare parts you gave me. it wouldn't be surprising that some dirt or sand got in since i've been riding a lot in pismo late. do you think i could change the dust/oil seal myself??

blarf

Aug 10, 2006
damn, sent my forks in tuesday and got them back today (friday). FC works pretty fast i guess

Last edited:
Top Bottom