mx427

Nov 11, 2009
Never used one and going to build one, and the one I found on this site looks like it will be a good one, but what do you do to keep the stand up and not fall resulting in your bike falling also?
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this topic, new to the site.

Any info. helps thanks :)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
If you build it according to the design, it's the part that the lever pivots on that locks it in the up position..

You have to unweight the stand and raise up the lever to get it to come down.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Here's a few crappy pictures of how it works.......

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 87
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 82

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you notice, the small piece going from the base to the pedal swings from vertical to about 45 degrees as you push the pedal down. Once the pedal is low enough and the stand high enough, that small piece begins to fall inward. At this point the pedal bottoms out on the base to keep the stand from falling which locks it in the up position. If you look at the three bolts you can see that as long as the middle bolt stays to the top of the other two the stand goes up, as the bolts move past a straight line the pedal is wedged in between the top and base.

Make more sense now?

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
damn joe, it´s a shame to see the crf like that....

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
helio lucas said:
damn joe, it´s a shame to see the crf like that....
A shame? It's a joy! This is why I own one. I like to tinker as much as ride. Gives me a chance to make sure everything is cleaned/inspected and lubed as it should be. It's our bonding time. :whoa: I'm gonna start on cleaning and reassembling the chassis this weekend I hope. It would be sweet if the weather holds out, it's been in the high 50s and sunny for 2 whole days now. Ehhhh, it'll be snowin' by Sunday....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yes and that nice white berber carpet will make it easy to see if all the grime is washing off properly. ;)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Patman said:
Yes and that nice white berber carpet will make it easy to see if all the grime is washing off properly. ;)
:) It's just an area rug. It just got a shampooing the other day, it's usually dirty from the kids playing down there. The light color and low profile makes it a snap to find dropped bolts(and oil). I got the frame cleaned and partially polished last night, maybe I'll start a build thread?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
What are the Luvs for? In case you find a huge gouge in the swingarm mount? :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe for when he see's the price of a head rebuild with Kibblewhite valves :)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The Luvs boxes are our storage system. We have PLENTY of them after the twins and thier sister.

All new parts including head and KW's are about 600 bucks Pat, not too terrible. What made me poo a little was the price of stock muffler packing pillows.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
You've got a strong kid there .. lifting a bike. Or is that just a midget providing EZ lift power?

Top Bottom