ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
Well, we borrowed an XR200 for my wife to experiment on last weekend and she had a blast. I had some old gear that I let her use, but I want to get her new boots at least so she can break them in to her feet. Any recommendations from the ladies on this site for boots designed for a woman's foot?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Although the manufacturer's have made strides in making ladies pants and jerseys, as far as I know there are no women-specific boots out there.

Your best bet is to take her down to your local shop, and have her try on a few pairs to see which ones fit best. As a general rule, boots will be 1.5 to 2 sizes smaller than what your wife wears in women's shoes. (i.e., if she wears a size 8 shoe, try on boots in the 6 to 7 range. But remember, manufacturer's sizing will vary somewhat). She should be wearing thicker, MX style socks when she tries the boot on. Boot should be snug, but NOT tight. Boots should not pinch in any areas when flexing at the ankle. Have a set of knee pads with you as well. Boot calf should fit, even with knee pad on.
The best fitting pair of boots I ever bought was my AXO RC-3s. I have a set of Alpinestar Tech 6's now, but they are a bit stiffer than my AXOs. I tried on Alpinestar M4s at the same time as the Tech 6, but didn't think they fit as well, and they pinched a bit in the ankle area. Tech 8s were just way too stiff for me, and not worth the extra $.

Good luck!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Depending on height, I have heard that some women prefer the kids boots because they aren't as tall iin the leg.

I've been very happy with my Tech 8's but since I've beat them to death for the past 3 years I'm in the market for new boots. Karl has been trying to steer me to the AXO RC-5's that he likes.

Hopefully I'll get time to try them on side by side to compare. All I know is I HATE breaking in new boots!!!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
My Tech 6's had virtually no break in period. They feel great but man o man do I hate those buckles!! I can hardly adjust them with out hurting my fingers and cursing like a sailor! They are also really difficult open and close. TTRGuy sprayed them with some sort of lubricant or something and it helped a little but not much.
I was wondering about the sizing too. I wear a woman's size 8. My Fox boots are marked size 8 and my Tech 6s are either a 7 or an 8. I'll have to double check when I get home but pretty sure they're an 8 as well. What's up with that?

LoriKTM, are your Tech 6's the same size and your normal shoe size?

I know some 'petite' women wear the kids boots since they are shorter and less expensive but I know some who opted not to go that route because they felt they offered less protection than an adult boot.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I normally wear a women's 8 shoe as well (I know, I know, big feet for a short chick!), and my Tech 6's are a size 7. My AXO's are a size 6, and I can wear either boot comfortably, although the Tech 6's have a bit more room in the toe. I think the dividing line between kid's boots and adult boots is somewhere in the size 5 to 6 range.

I find the buckles on the Alpinestars somewhat annoying, but not difficult to use.

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
I agree with gsr on the Tech 6's. Mine had no breakin time at all. They are very comfortable, and have held up well with 2 yrs of riding. I take a size 11 shoe and a size 9 Tech 6.

Before the Tech 6 I had a pair of Tech 8's. I found them to be really stiff and bulky, it was hard to get a feel for the shifter and brake pedals. They were very supportive on big landings though.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Tech 6 kids boots

I bought Tech 6 kids boots (size 7) before I went to Reno about a month ago.
THey fitted well with wearing thick socks and knee guards. But after riding for a day a tiny part of the buckle came off, so I brought them to the shop I bought and got a new pair as a replacement last week!
I changed the buckles for the better one, and now it's so easy to put them on or take them off. One thing I don't like is that the kids boots are kind of short, and if I ride in muddy condition, it seems easy to get wet inside the boots.
Mini

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
FireLily,

Look into ****-Tex booties. They are a little pricey at around $30 a pair but you can get them at Cabelas Http://www.cabelas.com

While not a motorcycle specific product they seem to work for me and my riding buds.

I use them when riding in the wet and my feet stay soooo much dryer

may help you too.

Rod

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Karl had some Gators made up out of some heavy cordura type fabric (thanks mom) for us and the kids.

They wrap around the boots with elastic at the top and velcro together in the back full length of the boot. Keeps water & mud out pretty well and helps protect the boots.

They used to be sold by one of the local shops but we couldn't find them anymore and the ones sold by CampMore and such don't fit over the MX boots so he gave my mom a pattern and she whipped out a pair for each of us. Dang if we aren't the most stylish crew on the Peak!

Top Bottom