s.d.duner

Oct 28, 2003
I just bought the ufo twins light for my 1991 kdx 250 and strapped it on to my bike.

The only two wires on the bike that are not leading to anything are 1 yellow and 1 red. I assume that these led to the original light (I have to assume because I purchased the bike w/ no light)

The new lights have two white wires coming off each one. I know to twist the wires w/ the corresponding one on the other bulb, but how do I hook it up to the bike? Which is power and which is ground?

I dont have a book on it yet.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
do you have multimeter or voltmeter? It so put it on DC voltage. Start the bike. Put one lead on the good ground on the frame and the other on wires. the one that read votage (more than likely 12 volts) will be the hot one. The one that reads no voltage will be the ground. You should be able to read which is the groun on the head light instructions and then hook them up.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
The two lights are different.  One is a wide beam, and the other is a pencil beam.  If you are using the stock Watt output of the stator, meaning, you haven't had it rewound for more power, you can only run one of the lights.  If you hook up both at the same time, neither will be bright enough to use.  Typically, I've found that the wide beam is more usable than the pencil beam.

Happy thanksgiving.

Top Bottom