Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
The following link was in the IMBA newletter that landed in my email this morning ...

I would like everyone to read it.

http://www.imba.com/news/mtb_news_wire/05_07_07_quiet.html

This will not be the end of this story.

The bottom paragraph gives us a wedge where we will have more clout.

Sound will be the defining issue of our sport from now on.

We have got to address this issue now.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tony, we had better use some sort of sign language, most efforts will fall on def ears(due to the ultra loud exhausts). A flanking manuver may be needed.
If we were to join with this Quiet group, we could possibly leverage the manufacturers to make quieter products, including aftermarket manufacturers. Joining the group in sufficient numbers would minimize the overall ability of the group in locking us out of riding areas. Having spent many summers in Hinsdale County, I recognize the concerns and hope that efforts will be made to quiet the machines and not prohibit them.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
robwbright said:
Did you see the electric MX bike in the new Dirt Rider Mag?

Seems there's some potential there. . .

Yes Rob, I did.

Personally, I don't believe it will solve a thing, only make the bias of the opposition easier to see.

I'm not apposed to electric, but I am apposed to being locked out and that is the ULTIMATE goal of the EcoNazis, IMHO.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
if electric bikes become mainstream, it will cause more opposition to our petro-burners. I think it makes much more sense to advance quieting technology. I personally would give up quite a few ponies for a whisper quiet bike. The only people who might need the little gain in output are pros. The funny thing is that most of the people I see with loud exhausts are not exactly fast, and they usaully arent riding competetively. If they can put quiet exhausts on the off-road models, why not do it on the mxers and save our riding areas?

Top Bottom