OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Oh man, I should have done that program. That's pretty sweet. My favorite thing I've figured out is that the cravings for smokes (usually accompanied with a beer or two) subside pretty quickly if you can just wait it out 5 minutes. And other times a smoke just sounds gross, I think that's the non-smoker in me trying to reassert dominance.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
rickyd said:
Right on LandO!! COngrats, adds up fast dont it...
Rick
one more year and it will be enough saved to get me a sweet new/used ride :aj:

OldassKDX said:
Oh man, I should have done that program. That's pretty sweet. My favorite thing I've figured out is that the cravings for smokes (usually accompanied with a beer or two) subside pretty quickly if you can just wait it out 5 minutes. And other times a smoke just sounds gross, I think that's the non-smoker in me trying to reassert dominance.

join it anytime www.quitnet.com

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Yeah, I could join, but I don't know when the last time I had a (as Pred puts it) coffin nail, so it wouldn't have the same effect. I'm really happy for everyone who quit, props to you.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
DahlElama said:
38 years old today. Here I go again. This time is the last time.

where you at!!!!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
OldassKDX said:
Yeah, I could join, but I don't know when the last time I had a (as Pred puts it) coffin nail, so it wouldn't have the same effect. I'm really happy for everyone who quit, props to you.
ANd i'm happy you started this thread, thank youOldassKDX :aj: :) :cool:

CamDayKX125(4)

Uhhh...
Jan 20, 2006
try doing a search over the web. i hope that all goes well. ive never smoked before, and i dont plan on doing it. after you quit smoking, try to quit drinking. drinking is as bad for you as smoking is.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Quit drinking? Its well documented that moderate alcohol consumption has at least some probable health benefits......most of them related to the added exercise white men get while dancing.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Yes indeed! 16 months or so......:aj:

Thanks to everyone at DRN for thier help and support!

Matt

RedStreak

Feb 19, 2006
My Dad does AA to help people quit drinking. A while back....before I was born.... he took AA(as an alcoholic) now he is the guy who helps people out with it. He quit smoking about 2 years ago but unfortunately started smoking cigars about a year ago :( . And man oh man! does his car stink!!!! well I guess a drinker and a smoker makes a true harley rider. lol. he's got two bmw motorcycles and a harley.

good luck :cool: ,
JB

little Loopie

Jan 8, 2005
04kdx200 said:
Been quit since Jan 1st 06. Hard, but worth it. :-)

ME TOO!!!

(Just found this thread today, read the first couple pages and figured I'd share too)

Hi, my name is Mike and I havn't had a smoke in 80 Days :yeehaw:

I smoked for 1/2 my life!! I'm 25, figured F it, I'm go'in in. Wasn't even a New Yrs. resolution (I don't beleive in these, too many fail), just happened to be a day I woke up and felt like crap (new yrs. kegger). I had tried 2x before, and made it to 3 weeks both times, but failed none-the-less :bang:

The hardest part for me was doing it, not necessarily the smoke, but the action. Smoked a pack a day, and replaced the action w/ popping a standard peice of chewing gum, even if I had a peice for 5min and felt like a smoke, I'd ditch the chewed peice for a new peice. Even continued to be around my GF (who smoked till the 10th of Jan...more on this later) and go to my regular smoke filled poker game every thurs. + ALL my buddies smoke.

It was PURE will power, like I said, it honestly felt like it was the action of smoking, NOT the result, I was hooked to.

I think a good reason I've made it sooooo long, is on the 10th of Jan, I found out I'm going to be a father (the ONLY reason my GF quit), so she's not smoking (I gave her NO choice), and I figure why bother, I've made it this far w/o beating the sh!t outta somebody in traffic or telling her to GTFO. I was a miserable b-tard for the first 2 weeks though, I tell you what. Even my mom (who has quit for 2 yrs...I'm sooo proud of her)told me not to come around if I was going to me so miserable.

After quitting for this long (almost 3 months.), I miss it sometimes, but don't do it. Not even a sneak here and there, and feel much better when walking up the stairs from my basement......amazed how much I noticed this part actually.....seriously.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Posted on 03-29-2005, 06:25 AM by me

I've watched this thread for weeks now. I've been envious of those of you who have quit and succeeded. I've been smoking for 13 yrs and tried quitting once before. There are so many reasons why I'm tired of being a smoker and I keep reminding myself of them every minute of the day. TODAY is the day for me to say enough.

...and TODAY is the day I can say it's been 1 YEAR. :aj: Thanks to all of you who have paved the way and made it look so easy. You don't know how much you all really did to help me beat this with your words of encouragement. :nod:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
took a few guesses but here goes

Hello Green Horn!
Your Quit Date is: March 29, 2005 at 8:00:00 PM
Time Smoke-Free:364 days, 13 hours, 56 minutes and 10 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked:9115
Lifetime Saved:2 months, 9 days, 15 hours
Money Saved:$1,825.00

Congratulations

WHO'S BETTER THAN YOU TODAY?
You've made it! A whole 12 months without a cigarette! In that time, you've successfully navigated the physical chaos of withdrawal, the emotional highs and lows of early quit, and the pitfalls of relapse!

Countless times you've refused the offered cigs. More times than that you've craved nicotine, but opted for health, instead. You've endured teasing, lack of support, and feeling uncomfortable and out of place among smokers. You may have had issues with weight, anger, tension or sadness, but still you stayed SMOKE-FREE!

You're adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. You're already thinking different thoughts. You've changed habits and routines. You've made new friends and, perhaps, let go of some old ones. You're starting to realize the benefits of living a SMOKE-FREE life. More and more, you see yourself as a non-smoker. We hope you're as proud of you as we are.

And while you've been doing all this for yourself, you've been helping everyone here at the Q: your membership in our community, whether active or passive, has demonstrated an ongoing support of the efforts of all of us. We hope you stay with us as you continue your SMOKE-FREE journey to a fuller, richer, healthier life.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Right on Green Horn! Glad to be one of your supporters!:aj:

And Little Loopie, keep up the good work, it's worth every minute. Congrats on three months!

YZ165

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I guess Mondays ain't so bad.

As I sat down at my desk this morning and started scrolling through all of the emails I had received over the weekend, I got an Outlook calendar popup window letting me know that June 12 2000 was my first day smoke free.

6 years gone by now, and aside from the 50 extra pounds alluded to by motoclown420, I don't miss them one bit.

HooRAAAY ME! :yeehaw:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Very Nice PK! Congrats on 6 years!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Way to go, PK! An extra 50lbs is better than still smoking. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
mebby. . . but try telling that to the persons who have had to sit next to me on commercial airline flights! :yikes: ;)

Top Bottom