Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Way to go Crispy and ecy063! You're definitely passed the really tough parts. It's a good feeling, ain't it? :)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hows everybody doin?? Hope its all going good :cool:

In about 4 hours, i will be celebrating 4 years :) I had almost forgot it was my anniversary date HA!!

Hope everybody is doin good,
RIck

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Happy Anniversary :cool:
I'm a few hours short of the 18 month mark. Cant believe I've made it so long.
Hope everyone else is still hangin tough :nod:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
MXSparx said:
Happy Anniversary :cool:
I'm a few hours short of the 18 month mark. Cant believe I've made it so long.
Hope everyone else is still hangin tough :nod:

Here's too 18 more months :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Congrads, you are my heros.
MORE POWER TO YA!~!!!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Congrats to all! 4 yrs rocks, Ricky!

Way to go Sparx!!! I'm still just a little bit behind ya. :) I'm starting to lose count of the mos, but I think it's around 15?
I've heard rumors of people quitting for years and then starting up again. I have vowed that I won't let that happen. Quitting is such a pain in the ass for the first few mos that I DO NOT want to relive that again.

You gonna give it another go, Okie? You KNOW you've got a TON of people behind ya. Be sure and let us know when you're ready. :)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Green Horn said:
You gonna give it another go, Okie? You KNOW you've got a TON of people behind ya. Be sure and let us know when you're ready.

Indeed Okie. You and the people on this site saved my life.....when you're ready, let us help you. Matt

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Green Horn said:
I've heard rumors of people quitting for years and then starting up again. I have vowed that I won't let that happen. Quitting is such a pain in the ass for the first few mos that I DO NOT want to relive that again.

ALMOST slipped back after about 7~8 years . . . It was 20+ years before all twangs were gone. It has been 35 years for me. I stopped the first day of Basic Training in the Army . . . April 6, 1971. Save the old jokes, you wet behind the ears youngsters! :nener:

Green Horn said:
You gonna give it another go, Okie? You KNOW you've got a TON of people behind ya. Be sure and let us know when you're ready. :)

Okie . . . ya listening? We are all here for ya.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Tony Eeds said:
April 6, 1971. Save the old jokes, you wet behind the ears youngsters! :nener:

My ears didn't exist yet...let alone were they wet. ;)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
My OLDER sister wasn't even born yet either. :nener:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Tony Eeds said:
April 6, 1971.

My DAD was a Sr in highschool that year. :yikes:

Should I keep going with the old jokes? :laugh:

wizzardhw1

Jul 8, 2006
I used the patch and kept some small sugar free mints in my pocket when i get an urge for a smoke i pop a mint and just think about it. taste, flavor, strength. and in no time the urge goes away. I find all you have to do is get your mind off it. Been working for me for 3 years now i just have the mints in my pocket but hardly have any.
ps good to hide the beer smell too :cool:
good luck stay strong its worth it. it does get easier

scatman

Mi. Trail Riders
Damn Yankees
Jul 15, 2006
I just hit the 6 week mark. The first week was real hard. I had the patch on for the first 3 days and then said hell with them and stopped using them. Havent looked back since. Hope I can quit for good this time. Good luck to everyone else trying to quit. :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I fell a while back - but we're back on the quitting bandwagon! It's been 2 weeks and 2 days for us and we're doing great!

We almost killed each other on about day 3, and day 4, and day 5...but we're holding strong now.

I don't know about him - but even if I get the urge again, I'm not going to let myself breakdown - NO MORE SMOKING!!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
:nod: at close to $6.00 a pack it should be fairly easy for you this time sammypoo. Good luck to all who are trying.

SilverBurr

Jun 17, 2006
I smoked from the age of 15 to 38 and towards the end, I would lay in bed at night and think of my children, and how bad it would suck if dad checked out early for some stupid, exspensive habit this is out of style and just plain replulsive. I quit the next day and it's been a year.

I'll never go back.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith said:
:nod: at close to $6.00 a pack it should be fairly easy for you this time sammypoo. Good luck to all who are trying.

I'd say! A habit that costs the same amount per week as I spend to fuel up my car... :think:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I quit about 8 years ago.. I think. Hell, I can't remember how long it was.

The hardest part was year 5 and 6... I still have an urge every once in a while, but I feel so much better when it passes now, sort of like I accomplished something by not
giving in.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Squeaky!!! Thats awesome! I am so glad you and Rooster are giving it another shot. Good luck to ya. If you cant quite do it this time, keep on trying. This is my 3rd or 4th attempt, and at 7 months, I think I might have it licked this time.

I wish you all the luck in the world. It sucks, but its worth it weeks later, when you stop the endless throat clearing, coughing, and myriad of other stupid symptoms we got used to with smoking. Now - the only draw back for me, I can smell everything. Sometimes, thats not the greatest thing.

Let me know if theres anything you need.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Way to go, guys! It's bad to have started back, but AWESOME that you're doing something about it. :) Crispy, 7 mos is awesome! You're definitely over the toughest parts. I'm at almost 16 mos and I keep reminding myself that if I slip up I've gotta go through all that hard work again. I still have nightmares about how miserable the first 3-5 weeks were. I can't imagine doing that all over again.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Good Luck Squeaky, Just remember if you get the urge, remember what it was like your first few weeks..If all else fails (which i hope it doesnt) there is always the patch..

Congrats Crispy, 7mos :yeehaw:

Top Bottom