125 boy

Jul 23, 2006
Good job

my dad had smoked for like 30 years he quit in march hes been smoke free aversince the house smells nicer and i dont have too listen too hawking up some loges :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Nice Job Crispy!

Squeaky and Roster, hang in there. It's tough, but the end result is worth it.....

Matt

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congrats on 7 months Crispy! Keep it up!!

Today is officially 3 weeks for us - and I really don't miss it. I feel like I can breathe again, I don't get light headed if I stand up too fast, I'm not hacking all the time...it's a good feeling!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
:cool: Rooster and Squeaky keep up the good work and hang tuff. Quitting was the HARDEST thing I've ever done but worth it. It was SO cool to have 2 people congradulate me for it at Wardy's. You have access to all the help you need right here, so dont hesitate to ask if you need anything.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
MXSparx said:
:cool: Rooster and Squeaky keep up the good work and hang tuff. Quitting was the HARDEST thing I've ever done but worth it. It was SO cool to have 2 people congradulate me for it at Wardy's. You have access to all the help you need right here, so dont hesitate to ask if you need anything.
Hows everybody doin? Squeaky, you hangin in there?? Hope it all good for everybody :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'm still good. :) Funny thing though; the past couple of days I've had a couple cravings. I even joked with the wife that I was going to the store for some cigarettes. I don't think I could bring myself to do it. I keep reminding myself of that 5 wks of hell when I first quit. It still frightens me how tough it was.

Everyone else doing good?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
MXSparx said:
609 days :whoa:

Yeah, I know there's a few of you here that'll be hitting that 2 yr mark shortly. Hard to believe it's gone by that fast. Good stuff! :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
It's been 2 months for Roo and I - completely smoke free, we haven't even had a cheater!!!

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
I'm fighting this battle right now with myself. I NEED to quit, as I'm coughing up nasty crap and just not lasting as long at anything physically motivated.

I've been smoking roughly 10 years, and did quit one time for about 8 weeks (not by choice). I'm coming up on my son's 3rd b-day, and I want it to be a special one for us all. I'll check in for the daily motivation I'll be needing.

This all commences in less than 30 days, so wish me luck. Here goes nothin...

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
ihone,

Just think...if you do it now chances are your son won't even remember that you smoked. He'll grow up with a non-smoking dad. :) How's that for motivation?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
squeaky said:
It's been 2 months for Roo and I - completely smoke free, we haven't even had a cheater!!!

Congrats Squeaky, keep up the Great work :)

IHone, Give us a final date and im sure we'll all help.. Its not as hard as you would think if you are determined :cool:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
quitting smoking ROCKS! check out the money saved:cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Get your head straight and go for it ihone. You can do it just like most of the rest of us did. All it takes is the desire to quit, and a few good friends to keep you going. Let us know when you're ready and we'll all be here to cheer ou on. Matt

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
That seems to have been my problem the last time I tried to quit. I went a few days, and it just ate me up. I had no real support other than my other friends.....who all smoke purdy much.

I'm going for it. This is my last pack then. So....as I said: Here goes nothin.

And last time I didn't make a decision, I really just put the cig I was smoking down, and said: that's it. Never really had that moment where I said: This is my last cigarette, ya know?

thanks for the kind words folks. I can see there is definitely a group of people that have gone through what I'm about to, and they're actually supportive of others following their leads. I'll check back tomorrow when I'm out of cigs and wanting one.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Good luck ihone! You can do it!!!

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
Goodluck. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and that was after they found a spot on my lung. Yes it was cancer. That was 3 yrs ago. I wish I would have quit sooner. Maybe I didn't need to get that horrible disease that took my lung. Goodluck, it's hard to do, just remember, if you do kick the habit....DO NOT EVEN HAVE 1 CIGERETTE, YOU WILL PROBABLY START AGAIN AND HAVE TO GO THRU QUITTING AGAIN!!! I know this probably won't do anything to motivate you but it was worth the try. All my friends still smoke (I still love the smell too so I don't mind...sick heh?) :bang:

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
day 1, not too much trouble. I almost flubbed up this morning though, by just living my normal morning routine. Wake up, get coffee, get cig.....wait....., I don't smoke anymore.....plus I don't even have any cigarettes. Meh, we'll see how it goes tomorrow>>>when I'm 2 hours into my moto, and start thinking about it.

Thanks for the support. It's well appreciated.

Justin

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ihone said:
day 1, not too much trouble. I almost flubbed up this morning though, by just living my normal morning routine. Wake up, get coffee, get cig.....wait....., I don't smoke anymore.....plus I don't even have any cigarettes. Meh, we'll see how it goes tomorrow>>>when I'm 2 hours into my moto, and start thinking about it.

Justin

you're on your way :) :cool:

wait til your body realizes you quit and it can finally gain some ground in your lungs. when you see what it dispels you will not start again. i shat you not , i almost passed out once when i saw what came out of me :yikes:

elliot-cr133

Uhhh...
Jul 4, 2006
my step dad quit about 3 weeks ago. second time quitting. first time he quit for 2 years. i've noticed he gets a lot more stressed though, but thats a great time to go riding. haha. keep up the great work guys.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
ihone said:

Justin
Hey Justin congrats on your first day, it only gets easier now.. Try changing your morning routine some, maybe get a bit more sleep or something..
Congrats again :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
No matter how hard it gets to resist the urge, keep reminding yourself of why you're doing it. Not to brag, but it feels great to say I've got a year and a half under my belt. You can easily do the same. :cool:

Top Bottom