Quitting Smoking

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
I'm a board member in a group called "HEAT" which is Helping Educate About Tobacco, if anybody has any questions you can pm me.

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
Day 3:

I seem to be craving a smoke every few hours....and it's getting pretty unbearable..BUT, I refuse to admit defeat because I'm pig headed. The morning routine is hard to break, and I do miss being outside for 9, 11, 2, and 4 o'clock cigarettes with all my buds in the smoking area at work. But, oh well.

sunflower seeds seem to be taking up they're part of the slack, and making it a lil more bearable. Gum...nah.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
ihone said:
BUT, I refuse to admit defeat because I'm pig headed.

Keep up the great work! You can do it!!! :cool:

RADRick

Registered
May 3, 2005
Having quit cold turkey in 1984, I can empathize with your struggle. No one can tell you how to do it, this is too personal to follow someone else's recommendation. All we can do is offer support and encouragement and reassure you that you are definitely doing something that is not only good for you, but for everyone around you. Good luck and stay strong. :cool:

P.S. For me, the hardest ones were the ones I smoked as routine. The first in the morning, the ones with coffee or at the bar, etc. I found that changing those routines made it easier. A little bit.

elliot-cr133

Uhhh...
Jul 4, 2006
oh, anyone else experience nightmares when using the patch? my step dad quit using the patch for that main reason. he used one patch, got the worst nightmare he's ever gotten, and never used it again. been clean for 3-4 weeks now.

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
Well, end of day 3, and I've already failed.....

I came home, put on the kid's favorite Elmo DVD, grabbed a cold one, set down for about 20 watching Elmo with him (usual routine). Then, before I could even think about wtf I was doing......I was outside talking on the phone, and noticed I was smoking. Seriously...just like that. I didn't even know I was smoking until I had taken like...my 3rd drag.

I'm starting again tomorrow, on my stopping agenda. I will do this...I will do it for myself and my family.

Thanks for the support.

Justin

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
why do you have cigs and lighter available??

start again now not tomorrow :think:

get some nic gum, eat it only as a LAST resort, like coffee or beer time

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
there's always been a carton in the freezer....I totally forgot about them, while I was tossing the others out....totally set myself up for failure. They're gone now, and like some sort of ATF agent, I searched the entire house for any and all parafinalia (sp?).

Here we go .. again.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
....................sorry, it was the first thing that came to mind :)

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: get after it this time

ecy063

Sep 15, 2005
It isn't all fun and stuff when you try to return to the sport of motocross and find yourself gasping for air after just one lap. I stopped riding about the same time I took up smoking-twenty years ago. The doctor gave me the news and now I thank God for every lap. Don't wait like I did. Ride for your lives my friends.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
21 months two days ago.

Your Quit Date is:Tuesday, January 04, 2005 at 10:00:00 AM
Time Smoke-Free:637 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes and 11 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked:31891
Lifetime Saved:8 months, 3 days, 14 hours
Money Saved2,711.50
:whoa:
Everyone else still kickin'?
Hope so!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Still kickin :cool:

Congrats MX!! :)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
kickin :ride:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Outstanding. Keep it up. :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
That's awesome, Perry! I know alot of us will be hitting the 2 yr mark for '07. :)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Congrats to all.

I'd fallen off of the wagon for a while but have been smoke free since July of this year. :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Isn't there a handful of you who should be at the 2 yr mark now? Damn, where has the time gone. Congrats to all! You guys are/ were my inspiration. I still look back and thank those of you who paved the way for me to follow. Thank you, you don't know what you've done. :)

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
1 year, 4 days for me. Yay. I still can't tell a difference when I run for a medium distance, but hey it can't hurt.

jamrock

Apr 8, 2006
15 months for me. sep 11 last year. thought i would save money.. nope just spend more on my bike.haha

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
It only gets easier to :cool: COngrats to everybody, I think I'm at about 4.5 years now :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…