BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
who all that decided to quit on this thread actually quit?
i'm 15 and i've seen them do tons and tons of commercials...but i got zero interest in smoking... i'm not gonna talk about the side affects for reason because i think they use it to make people feel bad (My pt not trying to make people feel bad) but i just don't see the reason to pay for osmething i don't need...

i got no interest in alcohol, i don't wanna ruin how hard i work at school and freedom my parents give me to dirtbike and wakeboard... i know i'd lose those so fast if i did

and drugs i got zero interest in, druggies get made fun of and they're expensive
i still don't see why they advertise more about being against drugs rather than pre21 drinking and such

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
2 years today :yeehaw:
I guess the occasional cravings are going to last for ever??
Congrats to everyone who has made it. Good luck to everyone that will make the change.

YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
I think most of in here were innocent at 15. Its hard to understand what its like to be addicted to something if you never have been. My advice is do NOT even start. Ive never been a smoker, but Ive had the worst time with dipping. I stopped for a couple of years and then last spring took it up again, and now im quitting again. Oh well once the nicotine fits are over it gets a little easier.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
2 years and 7 months for me! :cool: I can't stand the smell of cigarette's now and have no desire to light up again.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
YZ/250 said:
I think most of in here were innocent at 15. Its hard to understand what its like to be addicted to something if you never have been. My advice is do NOT even start.

True. Most of my friends smoke or "dip" now. Strikes no interest in me, seen way too many deaths by cancer, and I rather put the cash into my bike.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
ya i know... but i know people who dip/smoke...tons of people who drinks...and a couple who do drugs

but i just think... why risk it? my parents will be way disappointed in me and thats one of the worst feelings a kid can know...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Just a month past two years now....Man alive! the time has gone by! Congrts to all who succeeded! I think I can honestly say that DRN, and the people who come here saved my life! :aj:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I forgot to post back on March 29th, but it's been over two years for me now as well. :) Time has flown by and it'a a good thing in this case. I'm still holding on to my "post-smoking" weight @ 245lbs. LOL

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Hey Greenie?? and most of you............

You won't believe this, but it has been since December 31, 2005 @ 23:55 that I took the last pull on a cigar or anything tobacco related. No cigs, no pipe, no cigar, no chew, nothing.

A friend and I made a $10.00 bet on who could go longer without smokeing. Both of us are too Bull Headed to loose the bet to the other. I have a bounty out on him too. Half the winnings to anyone that catches him smoking and tells me about it.

Mully

PS: I miss my cigar..........................

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
My best to all of you who have quit and continued on that road.

Well - I haven't been doing so well. :( Quite for about a year then started back up again.

I will should be putting an end to the smoking soon as I plan to get married some time around October of this year and my fiances' kids are all really anti-smokers. I've become a closet smoker now never smoking around them.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Mully, that's awesome! I know exactly what it feels like to miss your cigars. I miss my Marlboro's just as much. LOL I just remind myself that I'd be in a world of bad if I ever tried just one again.

Kelvin, get after it again. You know you can do it. Hell, you already proved it once by quitting for a year. Hell, that's well beyond the toughest parts. You know you've got support when you're ready again. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I've almost reached a year! It'll be a year in August - I can't remember the exact date though (that night was a little fuzzy....).

Now if only I could get Roo to quit!

Congrats Mully!!!!!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
squeaky said:
I've almost reached a year! It'll be a year in August - I can't remember the exact date though (that night was a little fuzzy....).

Congrats Mully!!!!!!
tell him if he don't, no more man hugs from me.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
squeaky said:

Congrats Mully!!!!!!

He did...once before. He's one of them that paved the way for me. :) Way to go Sam! It's a good feeling, ain't it?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Woah! Haven't seen this one in a while! Get back on the Wagon Kevin!

Nice job to everyone else! Hard to believe its been two and a half years!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Green Horn said:
He did...once before. He's one of them that paved the way for me. :) Way to go Sam! It's a good feeling, ain't it?

Hell yeah! I can walk 3.5 miles without a pain in my lungs now!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Kelvin, hang in there and set a goal :)

Congrats to all, it will be 5 years on JUly 4th and I'm about 60lbs below my smoking weight :whoa: :)

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Both my parents still smoke and you would think that would influence me to smoke but I don't. I think smoking is the worst thing you could do to yourself and I would feel stupid doing it.

May 10, 2007
yea same

besides i know some people who ride at the local track who smoke and ride (not at the same time of course) and after a couple laps are dead out of breath

keep up the not smoking

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
today marks my 7th year smoke free. :aj: :yeehaw:

lets see 5.00 per pack.
2 packs per day
14x5.00=70 per week
280 per month
3360 per year