N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
WTG Blathrog!!! I can't wait for my 7th year. :cool:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
and I'm finally addressing the weight gain after quitting .
40 lbs down so far.

lol, blathrog.. . you are tenacious. I'll give you that

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
YAY PK!!! Great job!

Mom's pushing or just passed 3 isn't she?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It's been a couple of years for her anyway.

For anyone on the fence:
It is doable
It is worth doing

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Papakeith said:
today marks my 7th year smoke free. :aj: :yeehaw:

lets see 5.00 per pack.
2 packs per day
14x5.00=70 per week
280 per month
3360 per year
23520 over 7 years :whoa:

This is Great to hear :)

How's the lungs feel? :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Papakeith said:
and I'm finally addressing the weight gain after quitting .
40 lbs down so far.
That's great! I addressed it once but it just laughed in my face. :) I am now at my heaviest ever and I just started hitting the bicycle again this past Monday. I'm also trying to eat healthier and control my portions. Not an easy thing to do. Funny thing...I never had a weight problem, cholesterol problem, or serious acid reflux. I quit smoking and now I have all 3...hmmm :think: Going back to smoking is not an option though. :boss:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I never had a weight problem, cholesterol problem, or serious acid reflux. I quit smoking and now I have all 3...hmmm :think:

uhh, GH, that's not because of quitting smoking. It's called old age! :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
So - I'm happy to announce that it was right around this time last year that I smoked my last cigarette! I haven't had one since!

:yeehaw:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Yay!!!!! :nod: I know what it takes to stay quit Sam. It's a big accomplishment. Especially when there are smokers all around you!!

Congrats!!!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
squeaky said:
So - I'm happy to announce that it was right around this time last year that I smoked my last cigarette! I haven't had one since!

:yeehaw:

Great news :)

How do you feel healthwise? I have started jogging now since quitting :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Great Job Squeaky!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
How long has it been for you now YZ? :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Uh....Lets see...sometime around the middle of November it will be three years sense the people on this board helped me stop killing myself. I am forever indebted. Matt

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
rickyd said:
How do you feel healthwise? I have started jogging now since quitting :cool:

I feel great! I can speed walk 3 1/2 miles without extreme windage (I can't run/jog due to bad knees!) and most of that trek is uphill! I don't feel like my lungs are going to implode after a flight of stairs - it's great! :nod:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Congrats Squeaky............great job :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
squeaky said:
I feel great! I can speed walk 3 1/2 miles without extreme windage (I can't run/jog due to bad knees!) and most of that trek is uphill! I don't feel like my lungs are going to implode after a flight of stairs - it's great! :nod:

Right on! :cool:

It only gets better too :)

Congratulations :cool:

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
I've smoked sinced the 80's. Being back on the bike ( my love ) has reminded me how ridin and smoking dosen't work well at all. After all your riding a bike that demands physical activity. I am one rider who will go untill the tank is empty so my bike alone has been my support. How ever quit, we are supporting you on the motive. Last longer in the run off.... :cool: :ride:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
cool matt, i am going to have the better half read this thread. 67 pages, wow. shows how extremely difficult this is to beat! all this knowledge in here is very good

wardy

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm a loser

I keep seeing this thread pop up, and am amazed at how many have done so well. I quit in 2004 and made it to the week of my wedding in 2005, and have been somewhat on and off until lately, where I've bounced back up to full time smoking. There has been a lot of work related stress lately (not a good excuse), but it's a tough thing. I think every time you go back to smoking, it gets tougher to quit.

I stopped again Tuesday night. Squeaks called and asked if I needed anything from the store, and I asked her to grab a pack of smokes. They didn't have the kind I like, so I smoked my last two (back to back, LOL) and haven't had one since.

I'm such a loser to keep going back to those nasty things. :coocoo:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Heres some advice I heard when I decided to quit, if you get stressed out about something and decide to have a smoke, the situation will still be there until you solve it.

Good luck quitting :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I still love reading this thread. Reminds me of what we all did and how hard it was/ is. 'Tis the season for those who want to work on quitting. :) Good luck, Roost! You know you've got support whenever you need it. Go back and reread all the pages of this thread. It helps with the motivation. :cool:

Aren't alot of us at or coming up on 3 yrs because of this thread? :aj:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
wardy said:
shows how extremely difficult this is to beat!
If it was easy, we'd ALL be ex-smokers. Good luck to your wife. It's a great feeling to put smoking behind you. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…