r u edumacated?

HomeMadeSin

Lifetime Sponsor
How many college grads are out here that ride dirtbikes? I do have a degree and ride, but I'm starting to think that all that liberalism in colleges tends to make wusses out of men. In my 10 years post college, I have yet to meet another college grad dirtbiker (well one - my optometrist). What's the deal?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
I have a B.A. and a M.A. and am 3 classes shy of an M.B.A.

I'm pretty sure a few other mods have some paper too.

One of the best guys I know (Lemming) has a PhD and teaches only PhD students.

I also know of several other guys with degrees who ride and plenty who have a degree from the school of hard knocks.

All of us are the same with our gear on.

Ivan

HomeMadeSin

Lifetime Sponsor
I hope this post didn't come off wrong, as it isn't a college grad versus non topic. Just that it seems like many grads are more interested in golf, tennis or other mmmmmmm less exciting forays. it must me isolated to my experiences.

Casper250

Motosapien
I got an engineering degree. The funny thing is that I have found just the opposite when it comes to people that ride dirtbikes. I've met alot of people that have technical degrees, like programmers and things like that.

Dirtbikes arent cheap, and racing anything isn't cheap either. College degrees open up more lucrative jobs that allow for $5,000 toys.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
I have 90 hours in college but no degree. I like to ride AND play golf! I also enjoy baseball and computers! Um wacky though.

My wife has her degree and she doesnt ride. :(

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I have my BS sheepskin in Ag Ed (went to school for 4 years to find out what I didn't want to do) and I ride. My wife has her Masters, and she rides (the 4 wheeler).

I do, however, notice a lot of liberal pantywaists from college, and I think a golf course is a waste of an MX track.

tx246

Subscriber
BBA in business here......with honors even. never did take a salaried job though and never regretted it. 15 yrs out of college has found me with a more serious problem. most of my buddies have gotten out of bikes a long time ago. that leaves a serious shortage of compatible riding buddies.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
Originally posted by truespode
(Lemming) has a PhD and teaches only PhD students.
Don't let him work on your bike. :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
i have two associates degrees, one in surveying, one in civil engineering. now, i'm a registered land surveyor for a civil engineering firm. i have about 100 hours total but i am no longer interested in finishing.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
I went to a college once...they asked me why I was there.

BTW, should I be flattered that they told me I had the IQ of a used artichoke?

Most of my friends, educated and not, think that I'm a bit crazy for riding.

Ivan just likes me because my helmet makes his look small. :)

Originally posted by XRpredator
... I think a golf course is a waste of an MX track.
Whilst I like to play the odd game of golf (badly), I have to say everytime I drive past a golf course I think to myself......man, that golf course would make an awesome natural terrain mx track. I would love to burn around WOT down the fairways, jumping out of bunkers or using them as berms!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
I've got three years of college(majored in drinking)
The I sobered up and spent some more time in school for an associates degree in electronics technology.
The only suff I use regularly is my drinking edumacation

lol, I've got a piece of paper and a letter for making the President's Honor Roll at OU... that and .50 cents will get a phone call to a riding bud :)