HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Again, smart and holding a degree are not mutually inclusive. I was well on my way to nothing in high school and it wasn't until the ol' man hanked the m/c that I straightened up. Managed to get out of HS with a 2.2 average I think. 980 on SAT. Impressive I was not. 1st semester of college I was on academic probation, even while taking remedial english. I did turn it around though. BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology, btw from ODU (Norfolk, VA).

I only knew of 1 person in college that rode dirtbikes and none since. However, Tidewater Virginia isn't a hot bed of dirtbikes, so it seems from the posts to date that I am a sheltered person. I must get out and ride more......

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by HomeMadeSin
I must get out and ride more......
You ought to, you live in the MECCA of trail riding.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by VintageDirt
i dont need no skoolin.

Did they have schools when you were growing up? And currently defibilators (sp?) are not present in schools because most students aren't old enough to require them......

Brian

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Originally posted by BSWIFT

You ought to, you live in the MECCA of trail riding.

Perhaps, if it weren't so dry here. I still prefer the singletrack back east where you can actually get some traction. Take a stock CR500 and mix in some hard as granite dirt and it erodes the fun. I should just go ahead and put slicks on it and try ice racing. But that's another thread......

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
damnit! note to self, never post in the who's got a degrees threads again, it only illuminates the hoplessness of the cause. wait, Doh! i just posted in it again. DAMN! NOW HEAR THIS! all U.S workers...I will attain some sort of degree and use it to squash all my adversaries! i'm not shure what that means, but it made me feel better!

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
yeah looking back at what Ive done so far, I can actually say that I did get alot out of the general ed stuff...business courses are great no matter what you do for a living. Ive found lots that I can apply to my job even though my major and my career dont match.

yeah I agree, education does not always = smarts....
and lack of a paper doesn't = lack of smarts....

I read once in Mensa brochure that some members are scientists, and others are janitors.

Id be more of the janitor type! ;-)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
What do you get if you drive real slow by Clemson?

A degree!

How do you get a Clemson Graduate off your front porch?

Pay him for the pizza :)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird

...I have talked with the dean of admissions at UofLou....

I went to U of Lou also! Now I can drill holes in number plates, paint blue bikes yellow, and pretend to be straight when I'm really gay!

The "entrance" exam was a bitch, though.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Originally posted by zio

I went to U of Lou also! Now I can drill holes in number plates, paint blue bikes yellow, and pretend to be straight when I'm really gay!

The "entrance" exam was a bitch, though.
MUST get picture out of my head, argghhhhhhhhhh :)

mkdirt

Dec 24, 2003
Got a AA in Fluid power technology (hydraulics)... Now I sell elevators for people and freight. The ed has helped with suspension though, work on peoples susp for side cash for wasting...

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
The majority, say 2/3, of my bachelors in civil engineering, was hopping through hoops, or filters, meant only to discover who can memorize crap the fastest. Only at the end of the program did the "applied" type classes really come in to play. At that point they decided it was time to cut the BS and make sure you were capable of something. The filters did weed out the folks that were only there to party.

I did the running start program in high school too. A full load was 3 classes a day instead of the 6 at the regular high school, what a deal. On top of that I got college credit that was paid for by the state. I earned an A.S. from the community college prior to transferring up to the university of washington.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I went to a place of higher edumakation for Industrial Engineering. Got tired of knowing the answers to the questions the professors asked before they asked them but I stuck it out for a while. Decided I might be an Architect instead and haven't worked a day in an architectual firm in almost 20 years. Civil Engineering seems to pay a lot better and as an added bonus if you are not a P.E. you don't get pigeon holed as one and can sort of create a Dr. Seuss ladder to climb. Ya' think that ladder has an end? How much time do YOU spend on DRN while "working"? :laugh:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm working on the piece of paper. I'm almost done first year engineering, then I only have another 3 years to go. I should probably stop spending so much time online as I have a midterm tomorrow. :(

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
Let's see. B.A., M.S., PhD., all in accounting/taxation. Academia affords me the money and time to persue the things that really matter (family, dirt bikes, bird hunting, training pointing dogs, trout fishing).

I didn't think anybody at my school rode. Come to find out that one of the women in my department raced MX 30 years ago. Trying to get her and her husband out for a day on the bikes.

Top Bottom