R White -- and Sunlight

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
A Little Help For R.White

RWhite has discovered (gee, by looking at my profile that I provided and following my e-mail that I provided?) that I'm a medical device guy -- as I've told to all of you before, and I guess thinks he's threatened me with disclosing that fact. So, I thought I'd help him and do it myself.

Originally posted by R.White
grow up

testing on a animals and defending that is wrong should I make this public to others.now I know what you really do
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: A Little Help For R.White

Originally posted by LongTime
and I guess thinks he's threatened me with disclosing that fact. So, I thought I'd help him and do it myself.

LT you're killing me :)

Next thing you know this boob will be divulging the other dark dirty secrets of DRN like riding motorcyles in dirt is fun:eek:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Oh no, not testing on animals. I love animals...... for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.:p He's just jealous because the animals are scoring higher on the tests then him.:D Keep up the good work LongTime.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Welcome to the darkside RWhite. If you dig a little deeper around here I bet you would prolly find guys that like to track animals in the wild and shoot them.

:scream:

Not sure exactly what your problem is with LT but IMO he is a first class guy and I consider him to be a friend. :D

It is comforting to know that some people are always ready to expose the evil people of the world. Keep up the good work man:confused:

B

biglou

Customer: "Were these cosmetics tested on animals?"
Clerk: "Yes, and they looked FABULOUS!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Actually, Very Little Animal Involvement

The interesting part of this is that our major new device is the product of analyzing thousands of human eeg's through some signal processing algorithms that we developed for the Navy for use by our submarines in analyzing sonar signals. Lots of math, computer science, and signal processing -- no animals. (See next month's Wired magazine).

For our major drug-development assay, we use a few animals -- but there's no live testing, no weird protocol, no suffering. We kill a rat, slice the brain up, and then offer pharmaceutical companies a way -- one step before beginning human studies -- to determine whether their Alzheimer's compounds retard the development of Alzheimer's in a rat brain slice (see next month's Proceedings of the National Academy of Science).

Okay -- end of shameless plug. . . ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Aust 520exc
I was just wondering, do they label "Animal Products" such as flea collars as not tested on animals;) ;)

LT. Are you the guy that has to put those little collars on the fleas???:confused: Must be very tedious work.

"If animals weren't meant to be eaten, they wouldn't be made out of meat." (Homer Simson)

Last edited:

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
R.White, Saturday I plan to put my boots on (Leather of course), hop in my truck( leather seats) with my dog (is this considered animal servitude by you wackos?) and drive to the marsh were I plan to duck hunt as I have every opening day for most of my life. Shove that in your pipe and smoke it.:p

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
LT, I am shocked, I have a pug and it's the smartest dog I have, granted he only has one nut and poops in the house,but I would in no way consider it shameless,nor would I end it.

Thank you

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by JPIVEY
he only has one nut and poops in the house

For a second there I thought you were describing Ivan :scream:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
did I miss something?
what started this?
amusing nonetheless :D

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode
Last week I learned how to use that silver thing on the side of the white water hole in the bathroom . . .
That's kinda scary to watch the first time, though, isn't it?:eek:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Ditto

Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Not sure exactly what your problem is with LT but IMO he is a first class guy and I consider him to be a friend. :D

LT is definitely FIRST CLASS!!

Hey Dave, I haven't seen my cat since Labor Day weekend, when you were up. What gives?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: Ditto

Originally posted by Strick
Hey Dave, I haven't seen my cat since Labor Day weekend, when you were up. What gives?

Strick - He sold it to me for fuel testing. You can only dunk the neighborhood kids in big vats of toxic chemicals so many times before their skin quits growing back. Plus the constant complaining from the parents drowns out the Black Sabbath CDs. I'm hoping that switching to cats will improve the efficiency of the process. If not I'll switch to PETA dweebs. :silly:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
OMG -- Rich, JP, those two posts just cracked me up.

Strick -- Yikes! I hope you're kidding about your cat. I mean really, just because she seemed forgetful, and maybe the first known animal case of Alzheimer's, doesn't mean I took any special interest in her . . . ;)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Re: Actually, Very Little Animal Involvement

Originally posted by LongTime
-- to determine whether their Alzheimer's compounds retard the development of Alzheimer's in a rat brain slice.

Yah, well, OK :think

now what was I gonna say?

Oh yeah - but how do ya know when a rat has Alzheimer's?

Top Bottom