Solace64

Aug 1, 2010
Okay, my first post guys. Let me preface it with I'm new to dirt-bikes. I've been riding street for a long time and decided to take my first foray into dirt-bikes with an RM 250.

I live in Barto, PA which is near Boyertown and Pottstown, about an hour outside of Philadelphia. A friend of mine and I are looking for a place to ride near us and haven't been having much luck.

I've heard some things about RAC, but hesitate only because I have no idea where to park, or where any newbie friendly riding areas are.

Can anyone chime in and give me some advice?

Thanks, Vince.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
check out http://www.readinganthracite.com/access-permits/ and get a permit if you want to ride there.
You live near 2 of us who ride kinda frequently, so it wouldn't be an issue to meet up and show you one of the parking areas.
We mostly ride single-track, which is the equivalent of riding deer trails at a pretty fast pace. You can ride the big roads/trails and play areas to get used to your bike, or you can jump right into the single track like I did and fared pretty well...

Solace64

Aug 1, 2010
Yeah I looked into the permits and plan on getting one. Does anyone have GPS coordinates for any of the parking areas?

Thanks for the reply,

Vince

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
40.7274,-76.178945

Parking is on the south side of Burma rd, right off the road on the coal silt.

I'm in Sassamansville, takes me about 1.5 hours to get up there, 73 to 61.

Solace64

Aug 1, 2010
Thanks for the the directions. Im actually right around the corner from you, right near where Green Hill Rd and Hoffman Rd come together.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
That is when he decides to come out and play... Been a bit of a woose this season. Oh it's too hot. It's too humid. My tires... Get it.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ah ok, Im on little and woodland. Was that you riding the WR around this weekend? Got my rear gear but still waiting on the Tire, tube, front gear and chain. Got a real busy week and have to find time to get it all together. Got the van running though.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Naah I had a CRAZY week but none of the mail order parts have even shipped yet! Grrrrrr. All I have is the rear sprocket. Hoping It comes in early this week, but I just got asked to a BBQ Sat. It is up near Allentown so I could hit it on the way home. We will see. Might just push the bike into the barn so I don't have to look at it every day in the yard.

Solace64

Aug 1, 2010
Reviving this thread, but what do you need to register the bike to ride on RAC land? I don't have the title for the bike, and it's not registered or anything.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
You don't need to have your bike registered or insured but do need to show proof of insurance and a registration for whatever gets you there.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
They want your license, reg and ins info for you tow vehicle, ie the truck your going to park in the parking lot. You don't need any info for your bike other than the make and model I think.

Solace64

Aug 1, 2010
Quick question. Is the RAC permit good until the end of the year is it good for 12 months from purchase? It'd kinda suck to buy one now and have it expire in January.

Top Bottom