BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Now I know there is a specific forum for these types of posts but this is a bit odd.
You see, at 47 years old, many things can cause pain in your joints and muscles, just a part of getting older. Several nites ago I injured my knee in a crash. I was running in 3rd place and had just landed a triple heading into a right had 180 bowl turn. I ducked in tight to the apex and hammered it in an attempt to block the guy in 2nd place who was blocking the guy in 1st place.
Man I couldn't beleive it, I made the pass of both of them. Now I'm heading into the whoops with a lapper just a little bit in front of me and to my right. I grabbed a fist full of throttle and charged the whoops leading for the first time. The lapper however, lost control and drifted to his left, right in front of me. My left foot caught a tuff block and BAM my knee twisted like a corkscrew!
My question is: How do you suffer a knee injury from a crash that happen in a dream! I mean, I've won like 500 SX races and to finally pass James Stewart and Chad Reed and get taken out by a lapper in my dreams shouldn't equal a sore knee when I wake up, should it?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wow and I thought it was bad when I dislocated my knee cap today while changing the lube in the transmission on one of our vehicles. At least I was awake, (really awake when I popped it back).

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
i crashed 2 day ago i had only a helmet.
Was my first crash in a turn on clay and hopefully i wasnt going too fast i didnt get injured. broke nothing on the bike so got back up with it and started riding again.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
If you are racing Chad Reed, chances are that it won’t be a lapper that takes you out.

Man, that’s not the kind of activity that I dream about. My dreams are much safer but equally exciting.

I am 47 too…..my knees hurt because I am old. Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I have had similar experiences. It is my theory that your subconscious "crash" causes you to very suddenly tense your muscles in the area of the "injury" causing extreme soreness the next day (depending on the spot and how hard you tense or jerk said muscles). It's happened to me... just a theory though. Also, is your bed against a wall? Did you twitch and wack your knee?

Also, when I have had an injury that doesn't really hurt yet, but starts getting sore during the night I've noticed a tendency towards dreaming of painful things happening in that spot, and waking me up. Like my subconscious is picking up things that my conscious self isn't. Creepy, I know. Just like people have a tendency to dream about things related to recent events. I believe it is the same with physical pain.

My personal favorite is when I'm dreaming that I am drowning, I wake up out of breath and gasping for air, often wake up my parents. For your subconcious mind to make you stop breathing......? Something about that is NOT cool.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, all is well! I raced in a GNCC and whooped up on David Knight last "knite". I guess my rehab with Chuck Norris and Christi Brinkley worked the kinks out of my knee. However, the crik in my neck from watching Christi........:whoa:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom