Race Report... warm up series... I suck!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Saturday night (4-20-02) was fun for the most part. I did ok but not as well as I felt I should have. I ran the 250D and the Unlimited D.
In 250D I got 12 out of 17 in the heat race. It was a lot of fun and I felt pretty good. I had a HORRIBLE start. I think I was 2nd to last out of the first turn. That really sucked b/c I had the jump out of the gate but they caught me within the first 20 feet and passed me.

In the Unlimited D heat I got 12 out of 13. I stalled it on the last lap as I set up a guy for a pass. I had 5 people behind me at the time and was feeling really good!

In the 250D main I stalled again and got 14 out of 17. However, 2 peopled didn't start so I was actually second to last. I wasn't too worried b/c after I stalled I gave up so much time that the +30 class lapped me while I was trying to start the bike. There was nobody I could catch after that.

In the Unlimited D main I had a blast!! I finished 10 out of 13. However, I had a HORRIBLE start!! I was in last place after the first turn. We had 1 DNS so I was able to catch 2 people for my 10th place. One was #2, Lori. Last year she would catch me and pass me on the second to last or last lap. She is better in the turns than I am and last year was better in the whoops.

I was exhausted in the main but I was able to catch her and pass her in the whoops. I then went wide in all the turns as I was trying to save energy. It worked b/c I put half a straight away on her by the end.

Last year, her and I both finished mid-pack so I'm thinking there were a lot of people who A- didn't race that raced last year and B- sandbagged. There were a couple of people out there that I know had to have been sandbaggers but it really didn't matter. It was still fun.

I think my speed is about the same, maybe slightly better, than last year. I know my jumping is better b/c I felt a lot more comfortable in the air.

I still need to work on my conditioning but mostly the conditioning of my arms. I was really worried about my legs and my back but neither of those bothered me. It was mostly my arms. My fore-arms and bi-ceps are really sore today but overall I feel better than I did last year the day after only running one class at JMX.

You can see pics at www.truespode.net/jmx420.htm

Ivan

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I hope I do as well this weekend. . . I'm going to hit my first race of the year.

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
Nice report, and yes, I do reckon your bike looks good, real good.
The jump photo was excellent, I'd be pleased with one like that, pity about the night shots, bit hard to make out.
Sounds like you had fun, #1 goal accomplished.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Way to go!!! I'm just hoping to try my first race ever this season. Hopefully they have a D Class. My first race will probably be DW'02 great place to learn though. That track looks really good, not to huge, but great for a first timer like me. Congrats!!

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Ivan, I want to race there sometime. Let me know when the next race is there. I assume it is Shelby. Looks like a great track, I will hopefully make it to one before the season is over.

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Cool pics Ivan. You have no business calling yourself a spode though being able to jump like that. I'd kill to get the nerve to try jumping like that. It looks so fun!

What's the D class? Is that one level lower than the C class? There is no D class in NorCal (not that I know of anyways).

Again, great pics...

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The D class is as low as you can go :)

The track is in Shelby, NC (www.jmxracing.com). It is a fun track but really tight so it lends itself to block passing. That is why I enjoyed racing #2 so much. Her and I had plenty of opportunities to block pass but we both rode safe and had a great time.

SOLO... take a look at the schedule and if I'm not travelling that weekend I'll race up there with you. We can both race Unlimited D together for kicks.

Ivan

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
We have D class in Alabama. We also have Hobby/Novice, which is the lowest of the low.

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
If I were going to race, they'd have to create a class called "I can't jump, so neither can you" class. Then maybe I'd try it. Sure seems fun though...

Top Bottom