KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
I did the Badgers Motorcycle Club's Dual European Scrambles this past Saturday and Sunday in Red Mountain, CA. I had a blast & even finished both days, whew--major accomplishment for me even though I am sure I came in dead last both days.

My husband is too funny, his race was after mine and when he went back from watching me come through the home check a couple of his friends asked him, "Aren't you racing?" and he told them, "Yes, but my race is going to be delayed, they just sent my wife out on another loop." Such the comedian that he is. :)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Lol, what a cad ;) So who told you what he said?
Congrats on your race and finishing, doesn't matter where you came, you did it and that's fantastic.
Michelle

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Michelle, he told me himself. He was actually quite proud of himself for coming up with such a funny that everyone laughed. I thought it was pretty funny & laughed when he told me too.

Thanks for the encouragement.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Way to go, KTMster! 2 full days of hard riding is enough to wear anyone out! So, how long was the race? What is a European Scrambles set up?

Your comment reminds me of one that my husband made last year. It was my first race on the KTM, and I came in to the scoring barrels just two minutes before time was going to be called! So, I had to do another lap. Then, my husband Dave comes in shortly after that. The guys at the scoring barrels say, "Is that your wife out there?" and Dave says "Yes..." The scoring guys said, "We just sent her out on another lap!". Dave says, "Oh, no, she's going to be mad at me. I told her two laps ago that it was the last lap!"

And, yes, I was the last one in. I had the sweep riders following me around the track!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Great report! Two full days of riding now that's impressive! It sounds like you really did well. Races are addictive....so when's the next one?;)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Hey Darla, what were the temps like out there? Is it getting too hot yet? I haven't been back to Red Mountain since the last time I saw you there. If I ever get a new bike AND work up the nerve to race the dez I want to make sure I'm with you! Then you can come in 2nd to last! :eek: :)

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
LoriKTM, Saturday's course was 8 miles & Sunday's course was 11 miles. The set up for European Scrambles out here are that you do as many laps as you can in 45 minutes to an hour and they break up the classes a little. I raced with the women & older men. Oh yeah, I wasn't totally dead last--I had the sweep rider behind me too. :o

CNM, I agree. Racing is definitely addictive.

gospeedracer, the temps were in the mid 90s. Not too bad yet. We'd love to see you out there again, but I couldn't let you come in last....it might ruin my reputation. :confused: I am thinking about doing an Enduro in Gorman this coming weekend. I have never rode in Gorman but I heard it is nice. I have entered three Enduros & NOT finished one yet. Startin' to think it is time to break that cycle. :cool: It would be great if me, you & Kali could all meet up and ride on the same minute.

bbbom, Thom definitely deserves a roost for that one but I think a roost from a 500 would be much more effective than a 4-stroke.:p

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by KTMster
gospeedracer, the temps were in the mid 90s. Not too bad yet.

MID 90s?!!! Holy crap! Are you crazy?! ;) I guess I truely am a fair weather rider. I rode a couple of time at Gorman when it was in the 80s. I thought I was going to die! Hmmm, middle of the desert, full riding gear, 90+ degrees..... have to think about that one..... I don't ride fast enought to get the cooling effect of a breeze!! :eek:

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
gospeedracer, the enduro in Gorman this coming weekend is at a place called Hungry Valley SVRA Park. Have you ridden there? I am still wondering if I should go with Thom & his friend or just stay at home & hang out by the pool. I too am a fair weather rider. What's this you don't ride fast enough to get that cooling effect of a breeze stuff all about--that's not what Desert_Racer said. :eek:

Kali, I am still waiting for you to ride my KTM too! We will have to figure out a place to meet at the end of June. Tell Kevin congrats for us on the new Husaberg. Good decision! I didn't know until it came in the mail, but DMV sent me a red sticker....limited use...doooh. Although now that I have the KTM and have seen how user-friendly it is, I would have still made the same decision--red sticker or not.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Darla, Hungry Valley is the same thing as Gorman. Gorman is the "town" if you wanna call it that. ;) Yes, Gorman/Hungry Valley is primarily where I ride, when I can ride. There are only a couple places to ride near me but they are very small. Hungry Valley is awesome! Kali has been there as well and liked it and she only saw a fraction of it, heck, I've only seen a fraction of it! :)
Have you checked out this site? http://www.frazmtn.com/hvsvra/
If you click on the Gorman Weather link you will see the 10 day forcast. Looks like the weather will be quite nice this weekend! :) I am pretty sure TTRGuy and I are going riding this weekend. We are suppose to join Kiwi at Jawbone, but now I'm kinda thinking I may like to go to Gorman. Can you e-mail me some info about this Enduro? Who is putting it on?

Oooh Kali, where are you going in Oregon? Sounds like fun. Let's definitely get together and ride soon. If you come down here to Gorman again, you and Kevin (anyone else too) are more than welcome to stay with us. Otherwise we will see if we can make it up you way. :)

Last edited:

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Aimee, if you have a fax e-mail me the number and I can fax you a copy of the race flyer that has all the information on it. If not, I will gladly e-mail you with all the particulars. Gosh I am getting lazy in my old age. :)

We would love it if you could make it and if you don't already have people that you would like to ride on your minute I'd love to have you one mine.

Just think, you could be the first DRNer to check out the new scoot too! :confused:

Darla

Last edited:

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Aimee, I hope this doesn't post twice. I posted it & then I don't know what happened to it? Oh well. Thanks for the web site. If you have a fax, e-mail me the number and I will fax you a copy of the race flyer that has all the information on it. If not, I will gladly e-mail you all the info. Gosh, I am getting lazy in my old age. :confused:

We would love it if you met us there and if you don't already have somebody to ride with you can ride on my minute.

Just think, you would be the first DRNer to check out the new scoot. :D

Darla

Top Bottom