Race Sag (shock pre-load) measurements?

spursotexas

Sep 16, 2001
Any info on how to correctly measure race sag for the rear shock ?
I'm riding a 96' 360 mxc with the stock ohlins shock. My riding consists of desert, whoops (some 3-4 ft deep) and sand washes. I'm 160 lbs with gear. It seems that the seat keeps hitting me in the butt alot. I know I can tweek the suspension so the bike will handle better. Also for my weight what is the recommended compression/rebound dampening for stock 45mm magnum forks? Any recommendatiions for compression/rebound dampening for the shock? I know there is some experience out there!!! Please help. :confused:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Do search over in the suspension forum. I did a similar post there for set up on my 97 300exc and got lots of great info. In general what I learned for my bike was - sand set up takes lots of both rebound and compression dampening. Dialing in my sag at 95 mm worked well, but i ended up backing off preload a touch so ended up somewhere between 95 and 100mm. I hate to admit it - but i dont recall where i ended up on my clickers front and rear - but it was within a couple clicks of what had been recommended in response to my post. The end result for me was a dramatic improvement in how well the bike handles whoops and nearly every thing else.!

Top Bottom