voodoo

Oct 19, 2005
i am currently contending with a shock spring that is too hard for my weight and was wondering if i should still go ahead and dial the race sag in at the expense of the static sag, or possibly a happy medium between the two. i am at 3.5 inches race sag and 2 inches of static....any help would be greatly appreciated! btw 04 cr250

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You aren't getting answers because the only right answer is to get the correct spring.

voodoo

Oct 19, 2005
you of all people should answer a question okie....anyway one more time for someone who does not have the right spring can they still set there sag at the expense of the static sag..

terry hay

Nov 8, 2003
Voodoo
Springs are the foundation of all suspension setups. To me the race sag takes priority over static sag as this is what determines the final geometry of the motorcycle. Having said that you are still at a loss without the correct amount of preload. (indicated by static sag) For it is only when you have sufficient preload (and no more) that you will develop optimum traction. The ultimate goal for every suspension tuner comes down to optimising the relationship between the contact patch of the tyre and the ground itself. Trying to do this with an incorrect spring is pointless.
Terry Hay

voodoo

Oct 19, 2005
thank you very much terry, i will be getting the softer spring as soon as i can. i was unclear on which takes priority but you cleared that up. again thank you for an actuall answer....your a credit to the forum

Top Bottom