gumby11

Aug 22, 2009
setra member up here workin for unknown amount of time, goin after my bike on labor day, lookin for enduros to race, any info would be greatly appreciated. like to ride 2-3 days a week and race every weekend. heard something about insurance requirements do you really have to have insurance on your bike up here?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The ama card is not ant type of insurance. Well, you can be assured your money will be spent to defend someones right to ride on pavement? Gumby, welcome and what state, country and or planet are we talking about?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
LEllis7motox said:
Around here all you need to race is an AMA membership (i think) which is $40 a year and some cash. And i believe if you have the ama card you are insured... or at least the race is insured.

http://www.ama-cycle.org/
Having the card in no way insures you if you do not have health ins stay home or get some on your own.
The track will get AMA sanctioning in most cases and you have to be a member of AMA to race those races. The track carries insurance (or should) not to pay your expenses if you get hurt but to defend itself if you get hurt and sue them

Top Bottom