Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Look in the January '04 issue.  On page 112, in the article on the MXdN, there's a picture of Ryno with a caption that reads:

Carmichael's teammate Ryan Hughes finished right behind him in their qualifier show-down with the belgians, but even on a 450 KaTooM, Ryno could not outrun his bad luck.

Now look at the picture.  Nice expansion pipe on that 450 four stroke.  I've never seen a two stroke pipe on a four stroke before.  How does that work?  Where is this picture really from?  Seems to me that they could've gotten a picture from the actual event instead of going with one from somewhere else.

AND, as a side question.  Why is the word SMITH on Ryno's goggle strap upside down?

Anyone?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
for one, that inset pic ain't ryno. I think it's a furrner. I can't remember the number on the bike, but if it's in the 4-6 range, I believe it's the Belgian that's not Stefan Everts or Joel Smets, but his name escapes me at the moment . . .

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
The number on the bike is: 40.  Weren't the US team numbers in the 80s?

I thought the belgiums had numbers 1, 2, and 3.

Oh yeah, Ryno doesn't wear Alpinestars gear.  The caption doesn't go with this pic at all.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Maybe its supposed to go with the pic of Ryno on the facing page?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Maybe its supposed to go with the pic of Ryno on the facing page?

That's very possible, but they should have put the caption further down the page so it doesn't look like it goes with the picture that it's directly under.

Top Bottom